Assam: Flood Situation Remains Grave, 950 Villages Under Water
With one person losing life in Morigaon district, the flood condition in Assam continued to be critical today as 950 villages remained under water affecting nearly seven lakh people.
According to the official daily flood report of the Assam State Disaster Management Authority, one person in Mayong revenue circle of Morigaon district was killed due to flood.
The report, however, did not mention the victim's identity and how he died.
As of now, a total of 31 revenue circles of 12 districts across the state are under the waters, it added.
In these districts, 6.85 lakh people have been affected and the various district authorities have opened 261 relief camps, where 1.79 lakh persons have taken shelter.
Meanwhile, carcass of three hog deer were recovered in Kaziranga National Park that might have died due to the flood, the report said.
"About 60-65 per cent of the Park area is still under flood water. Flood water still persists under 40 anti- poaching camp inside the National Park," it added.
The affected 12 districts are Barpeta, Bongaigaon, Dhemaji, Dibrugarh, Jorhat, Lakhimpur, Morigaon, Kamrup, Nagaon, Sivasagar, Golaghat and Tinsukia.
A total of 48,437.19 hectares of crop area have been affected and are still under water, the report said adding the Brahmaputra is flowing above the danger level at Nematighat (in Jorhat district), Goalpara and Dhubri towns.
- Congress Bastion Amethi Goes To Polls
- Assault on Kerala Actress Scares Me: Deepika
- Nokia Relaunches Iconic 3310 With Colour Display, Web Features
- Modi To Face Love Challenge In 2019
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- 'You Want To Make Universities Laboratories For Separatist Experiments?' Naidu Asks Congress, Left
- Madras High Court Exempts Class Xth Non-Tamil Students From Writing Examination In Tamil
- Banned SIMI Chief And 10 Others Given Life Imprisonment In Sedition Case
- Airtel Removes Roaming Charges on Calls, Data
- Now, BJP MP Pratap Simha Compares Kargil Martyr's Daughter With Dawood Ibrahim
- Political Speeches, Anti-Trump Jibes Dominate Oscars 2017
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Delhi Court Acquits 2 In 2005 Serial Blasts, Sentences Third Accused To 10-Year Jail Term
- Govt Plans Chaupals To Link Weaker Sections To Cashless System
- Modi's Voice Not Of A Roaring Lion, Feebler Than A Mouse, Says Rahul Gandhi
- Over 400 Academicians From International Varsities Write Open Letter To JNU Vice Chancellor Over Recent Events