Assam: Flood Situation Remains Grave, 950 Villages Under Water
With one person losing life in Morigaon district, the flood condition in Assam continued to be critical today as 950 villages remained under water affecting nearly seven lakh people.
According to the official daily flood report of the Assam State Disaster Management Authority, one person in Mayong revenue circle of Morigaon district was killed due to flood.
The report, however, did not mention the victim's identity and how he died.
As of now, a total of 31 revenue circles of 12 districts across the state are under the waters, it added.
In these districts, 6.85 lakh people have been affected and the various district authorities have opened 261 relief camps, where 1.79 lakh persons have taken shelter.
Meanwhile, carcass of three hog deer were recovered in Kaziranga National Park that might have died due to the flood, the report said.
"About 60-65 per cent of the Park area is still under flood water. Flood water still persists under 40 anti- poaching camp inside the National Park," it added.
The affected 12 districts are Barpeta, Bongaigaon, Dhemaji, Dibrugarh, Jorhat, Lakhimpur, Morigaon, Kamrup, Nagaon, Sivasagar, Golaghat and Tinsukia.
A total of 48,437.19 hectares of crop area have been affected and are still under water, the report said adding the Brahmaputra is flowing above the danger level at Nematighat (in Jorhat district), Goalpara and Dhubri towns.
- Suicide Bomber Responsible For Manchester Blast
- Police Confirm Probe Still On Against Major Who Used Civilian As Human-Shield
- Manchester Attack: 'Broken.. I'm Sorry', Says Pop Singer Ariana Whose Concert Was Hit
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- 1984 Riots: Congress Leader Jagdish Tytler Refuses To Undergo Polygraph Test
- Bomb Scare Delays Movie Screening At Cannes
- Indian Railways' First Ever High-Speed Luxurious Train, Tejas Express, To Be Flagged Off Today
- Allegations Prove Others Are Scared of AAP's Anti-Corruption Campaign: Kejriwal
- What Exactly Is The Govt Celebrating? Rahul Questions 'Modi's Three Year' Festivities
- IT Dept Raids 22 Locations In Benami Land Deal Case Linked To Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Mamata Banerjee Discusses Joint Candidate for President Polls with Sonia Gandhi
- Petrol Price Cut By Rs 2.16 per Litre, Diesel By Rs 2.10