Arunachal Flood Situation Improving As Water Levels Drop
The flood situation in Arunachal Pradesh marginally improved today as the water level in many rivers are showing a receding trend.
The improvement in the situation followed better weather condition since yesterday, an official release said here.
Meanwhile, Chief Minister Nabam Tuki has written a letter to Prime Minister Narendra Modi informing him about the critical situation arising out of the incessant rains for the past three months and requested him for extending flood assistance, it said.
The chief minister and Union Minister of State for Home Affairs Kiren Rijiju will conduct an aerial survey of the flood affected districts tomorrow, the release said.
The union minister is likely to submit a report to the Centre after conducting survey of the flood-affected districts in the state to assess the damages.
Rijiju would also review the extent of flood damages in a few districts by conducting meetings with the district administrations, the release added.
The chief minister yesterday directed the department concerned to release Rs 10 crore for undertaking emergency repair and restoration work of the roads damaged in the recent deluge in the state.
Tuki said that the decision to release the amount was in addition to Rs 15 lakh and Rs 7 lakh released to the deputy commissioners and additional deputy commissioners respectively of the flood-affected districts to enable them to undertake immediate relief measures, an official release said.
Out of Rs 10 crore, an amount of Rs five crore had been allocated to PWD, Rs three crore to the Water Resource Department and Rs one crore each to Power (Electrical) and PHE departments, the release said.
FROM OUTLOOKCover StoryFor many, the worst may well be over. For several others, however, this may just be the beginning...more from outlook>>>
FROM THE WEBMumbai MusingsBefore one could celebrate the strong and satisfacmore from WEB>>>
FROM WIRESItanagar, July 23 (PTI) Flood situation in Arunachmore from WIRES>>>
- Ahead of Diwali, Govt Approves 2 Per Cent Hike in DA
- Need to Have a Relook on the Minority Tag Given to Muslims: Giriraj Singh
- Pakistan Condemns 'Manhandling' Of Staffer, Says Espionage Charges False
- No Regulation of Media in a Democracy: Venkaiah Naidu
- Pak High Commission Staffer Asked to Leave India Within 48 Hrs
- SC Defers Hearing of Election Petition Against Sonia Gandhi
- Watch: Donald Trump Pulls Out All The Stops With 'Ab Ki Baar, Trump Sarkar'
- Daily Curator: What Happens In Family May Not Stay So
- Neeraj Pandey's Ouch Takes on the Complexities of a Relationship
- Watch: Svetlana Kuznetsova Snips Her Hair And Bosses The Match
- Daily Curator: After Board Says Tata to Cyrus, Bombay HC May Have a Case to Hear
- Should You Be Worried About H5N8 Bird Flu? A Quick Guide To The Alphabet Soup
- Libya's Navy Says 90 Migrants Perished After Boat Fell Apart
- Ready to Sacrifice Myself for the Party: Amar Singh
- Neither Bua Nor Bhatija Can Improve Law and Order in UP: Amit Shah
- Pak Not to Attend Asian Ministerial Conference on Disaster
- Twitter to Cut 9 Per Cent of Staff, Plots New Growth Strategy
- Ceasefire Violations, If Continues, Will Not Go Unpunished: Sharif Warns India
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED