Arunachal Flood Situation Improving As Water Levels Drop
The flood situation in Arunachal Pradesh marginally improved today as the water level in many rivers are showing a receding trend.
The improvement in the situation followed better weather condition since yesterday, an official release said here.
Meanwhile, Chief Minister Nabam Tuki has written a letter to Prime Minister Narendra Modi informing him about the critical situation arising out of the incessant rains for the past three months and requested him for extending flood assistance, it said.
The chief minister and Union Minister of State for Home Affairs Kiren Rijiju will conduct an aerial survey of the flood affected districts tomorrow, the release said.
The union minister is likely to submit a report to the Centre after conducting survey of the flood-affected districts in the state to assess the damages.
Rijiju would also review the extent of flood damages in a few districts by conducting meetings with the district administrations, the release added.
The chief minister yesterday directed the department concerned to release Rs 10 crore for undertaking emergency repair and restoration work of the roads damaged in the recent deluge in the state.
Tuki said that the decision to release the amount was in addition to Rs 15 lakh and Rs 7 lakh released to the deputy commissioners and additional deputy commissioners respectively of the flood-affected districts to enable them to undertake immediate relief measures, an official release said.
Out of Rs 10 crore, an amount of Rs five crore had been allocated to PWD, Rs three crore to the Water Resource Department and Rs one crore each to Power (Electrical) and PHE departments, the release said.
- Centre Applauds Army's Attack On Pakistan Posts
- ISIS Claims Responsibility For Manchester Blast That Killed 22
- James Bond Actor Roger Moore Dies At 89
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- 1984 Riots: Congress Leader Jagdish Tytler Refuses To Undergo Polygraph Test
- Bomb Scare Delays Movie Screening At Cannes
- Indian Railways' First Ever High-Speed Luxurious Train, Tejas Express, To Be Flagged Off Today
- Allegations Prove Others Are Scared of AAP's Anti-Corruption Campaign: Kejriwal
- What Exactly Is The Govt Celebrating? Rahul Questions 'Modi's Three Year' Festivities
- IT Dept Raids 22 Locations In Benami Land Deal Case Linked To Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Mamata Banerjee Discusses Joint Candidate for President Polls with Sonia Gandhi
- Petrol Price Cut By Rs 2.16 per Litre, Diesel By Rs 2.10