Arunachal Flood Situation Improving As Water Levels Drop
The flood situation in Arunachal Pradesh marginally improved today as the water level in many rivers are showing a receding trend.
The improvement in the situation followed better weather condition since yesterday, an official release said here.
Meanwhile, Chief Minister Nabam Tuki has written a letter to Prime Minister Narendra Modi informing him about the critical situation arising out of the incessant rains for the past three months and requested him for extending flood assistance, it said.
The chief minister and Union Minister of State for Home Affairs Kiren Rijiju will conduct an aerial survey of the flood affected districts tomorrow, the release said.
The union minister is likely to submit a report to the Centre after conducting survey of the flood-affected districts in the state to assess the damages.
Rijiju would also review the extent of flood damages in a few districts by conducting meetings with the district administrations, the release added.
The chief minister yesterday directed the department concerned to release Rs 10 crore for undertaking emergency repair and restoration work of the roads damaged in the recent deluge in the state.
Tuki said that the decision to release the amount was in addition to Rs 15 lakh and Rs 7 lakh released to the deputy commissioners and additional deputy commissioners respectively of the flood-affected districts to enable them to undertake immediate relief measures, an official release said.
Out of Rs 10 crore, an amount of Rs five crore had been allocated to PWD, Rs three crore to the Water Resource Department and Rs one crore each to Power (Electrical) and PHE departments, the release said.
- Mumbai Is The Richest Indian City With Total Wealth Of USD 820 Billion
- Paytm Offers To Hire Employees Sacked By Rival Companies
- Kim Killing Suspect Thought She Was In A 'Comedy Video'
- Modi To Face Love Challenge In 2019
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- Gujarat ATS Arrests Two ISIS Suspects From Rajkot And Bhavnagar
- Army Examination Cancelled At 6 Centres After Question Papers Leak
- Tight Security In Haryana As Jats Observe 'Black Day'
- Some Students 'Fantasise' About Breaking India Under The Guise Of Freedom Of Speech, Says Kiren Rijiju
- Public Sector Banks May Go On A Strike On Feb 28
- Shiv Sena Our 'True Well Wisher', Say Winner Muslim Candidates
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Rahul Gandhi Says He Has Information Of PM Modi's Personal Corruption
- Over 400 Academicians From International Varsities Write Open Letter To JNU Vice Chancellor Over Recent Events
- Demonetisation Advisers Need Elementary Course In Economics Says Chidambaram
- 52 Killed, Over 100 Injured in Sufi Shrine Blast in Pak's Balochistan