Arunachal Flood Situation Improving As Water Levels Drop
The flood situation in Arunachal Pradesh marginally improved today as the water level in many rivers are showing a receding trend.
The improvement in the situation followed better weather condition since yesterday, an official release said here.
Meanwhile, Chief Minister Nabam Tuki has written a letter to Prime Minister Narendra Modi informing him about the critical situation arising out of the incessant rains for the past three months and requested him for extending flood assistance, it said.
The chief minister and Union Minister of State for Home Affairs Kiren Rijiju will conduct an aerial survey of the flood affected districts tomorrow, the release said.
The union minister is likely to submit a report to the Centre after conducting survey of the flood-affected districts in the state to assess the damages.
Rijiju would also review the extent of flood damages in a few districts by conducting meetings with the district administrations, the release added.
The chief minister yesterday directed the department concerned to release Rs 10 crore for undertaking emergency repair and restoration work of the roads damaged in the recent deluge in the state.
Tuki said that the decision to release the amount was in addition to Rs 15 lakh and Rs 7 lakh released to the deputy commissioners and additional deputy commissioners respectively of the flood-affected districts to enable them to undertake immediate relief measures, an official release said.
Out of Rs 10 crore, an amount of Rs five crore had been allocated to PWD, Rs three crore to the Water Resource Department and Rs one crore each to Power (Electrical) and PHE departments, the release said.
FROM OUTLOOKCover StoryFor many, the worst may well be over. For several others, however, this may just be the beginning...more from outlook>>>
FROM THE WEBReportageDebt trapped Vijesh Chaturvedi of Rewa district inmore from WEB>>>
FROM WIRESItanagar, July 23 (PTI) Flood situation in Arunachmore from WIRES>>>
- One Dead, Two Injured in Germany Machete Attack: Police
- Nepal in Fresh Political Turmoil as PM Oli Resigns
- Want Emotional Relationship With People of Kashmir: Rajnath Singh
- Wrestler Narsingh Fails Dope Test, Rio Participation Doubtful
- Toll in Kashmir Unrest Climbs to 47, Curfew Continues in Five Districts
- AAP MLA Arrested for Trying to Murder Woman His House in Southeast Delhi
- As If Donald Trump Wasn't Enough!
- Daily Curator: Why Cockroach Milk Is Good For You
- Daily Curator: Emergency For Media In Kashmir
- Daily Curator: Oh Non! #NiceAttack
- Has TV News Given Up The Ghost On Kashmir?
- Daily Curator: Gujarat Police Reopens The Ghost of Godhra
- Boris Johnson Claims India Owes UK Multi-Million Pounds
- India's First Green Rail Corridor Launched in TN
- Munich Gunman Planned Attack for a Year, Chose Victims Randomly
- Dancing, Drugs, Extremism: Multiple Lives of Nice Attacker
- Young Woman, Son Crushed to Death in WB, Mob Erupts in Violence
- IOC Decides Against Blanket Doping Ban for Russia
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED