Army Man Held on Charge of Aiding ISI Agent
An Army man was arrested for allegedly helping an ISI agent nabbed in Meerut a week ago, police said today.
The Special Task Force of the UP Police arrested Sunit Kumar from Kangra district in Himachal Pradesh yesterday, a STF spokesman said here.
Kumar, posted at Babina Cantt in Jhansi, was arrested by STF with the help of Military Intelligence and was brought to Meerut.
Kumar was an aide of ISI agent Asif Ali who was arrested from Delhi Gate area in Meerut on August 16, the spokesman said.
"A laptop, hard disk, two mobile phones and a pen drive were recovered from his possession," he said.
During interrogation, Kumar said some three months before joining the army in December, 2012, he came in contact with a woman of foreign origin, the spokesman said.
Kumar said after he joined the army the woman started taking information related to his and other units and he gave number of a unit to her.
He said the laptop recovered from him was provided by the woman through Asif.
On August 16, Asif was arrested from Meerut on the charge of passing defence information to the ISI.
- Encounter In Assam Was Fake, Says Top CRPF Officer
- Nepal Prime Minister Prachanda Resigns
- 'Enemy' Will Remember Pakistan's Response
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- What Exactly Is The Govt Celebrating? Rahul Questions 'Modi's Three Year' Festivities
- IT Dept Raids 22 Locations In Benami Land Deal Case Linked To Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Mamata Banerjee Discusses Joint Candidate for President Polls with Sonia Gandhi
- Petrol Price Cut By Rs 2.16 per Litre, Diesel By Rs 2.10