Anybody Can Have a Girlfriend: Manjhi Defends Son
Bihar Chief Minister Jitan Ram Manjhi who has come under attack of BJP over reports of his son getting involved in alleged sexual escapade with a lady policewoman, today defended his son saying anybody could have a "girl friend".
"Anybody can have a girl friend...There is no evidence of any wrongdoing against my son", he told reporters when asked about the incident involving his son and the BJP attacking him on the matter.
"CCTV footage of the hotel does not show any wrongdoing," he said emerging from a seminar on water management.
Asked that BJP has made it an issue against him, Manjhi accused the opposition of hatching a "political conspiracy" against a CM who hails from Mahadalit, poorest among dalits, community.
Senior BJP leader Sushil Kumar Modi said in a facebook post that the CM was defending his son in the case by not getting an FIR registered in the incident.
Kumar, also former deputy Chief Minister, used the issue to attack former Chief Minister Nitish Kumar and said "while all these things are happening in JD(U) rule he is watching trailer of 'Jungle Raj II' silently."
Taking potshots at Kumar, BJP has been describing JD(U) joining hands with RJD as return of bad days of RJD rule and has given it the name of "Jungle Raj II".
According to reports from Gaya, the CM's son accompanied by a lady policewoman of Bihar Military Police (BMP) allegedly flouted his father's position and asked a hotel management to give a deluxe suite to them on Thursday.
Fed up with meeting such a demand from the CM's son, the hotel employees in Gaya locked the two inside the suite that day and raised an alarm. The boy managed to be released after coughing up cash, the reports said.
- Tardy Reaction To Molestation Of A Ladkhi Girl Opens Wounds Of Government Apathy To The Region
- No Security Stamps In These 7 Airports Anymore
- Kerala To Launch First Sex Offenders Registry
- Gujarat To Ban Hookah Bars
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- Gujarat Assembly Passes Bill To Impose Complete Ban On Hookah Bars
- Over 61 % Voting in Phase-IV Of UP Assembly Polls
- Vyapam: No CBI Probe Into Madhya Pradesh Pre-Engineering Test
- No Need To Get Security Stamp On Hand Baggages Anymore In These 7 Airports
- Govt Ropes In Shilpa Shetty As Swachh Bharat Brand Ambassador
- Akhilesh Yadav Scared Of Donkeys Of Gujarat, Says PM Modi
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Boys In MP Forced To Dip Hands In Boiling Oil As 'Innocence Test', To Prove They Hadn't Stolen Mobile
- Hafiz Saeed Can Pose A Serious Threat To Nation, Says Pakistan's Defence Minister
- 5 Killed As Aircraft Smashes Into Melbourne Shopping Complex
- Nestle Sales Was Hit By Rs 100 Crore Post Demonetisation, Says Company Chairman