Anurag Kashyap Joins WIFT India Host Premiere of Documentary
Filmmaker Anurag Kashyap has joined hands with Women in Film and Television (WIFT) India to host the premiere of a documentary film The World before Her directed by independent filmmaker Nisha Pahuja.
The screening of the documentary by the Canadian filmmaker with the Indian origin was held by WIFT India's monthly screening club Cine Corner last evening.
"I couldn't have asked for a better platform other than WIFT India. With 50 chapters globally, Nisha's connect with WIFT Toronto and now WIFT India proves that being connected is important for independent filmmaker," Kashyap said in a statement here.
"WIFT India's support to encourage independent women filmmakers via Cine Corner is a much-needed platform for the premiere of The World before Her. So it's going to be a women's show all the way," he said.
The premiere witnessed the coming together of some of the renowned personalities from different film backgrounds who were sharing their experiences with the audience. The screening was followed by a Q & A session by Kashyap and the cast of the film.
'The World....' explores the complex and conflicting environment for young girls in India by profiling two young women - Ruhi Singh, who aspires to become Miss India, and Prachi Trivedi, a militant Hindu nationalist with the Durga Vahini - participating in two very different types of training camps.
"The power of a platform like WIFT and Cine Corner proves that good films don't have to go unnoticed just because these independent filmmakers don't have a marketing budget.
"Every month, we will screen one film made by a woman filmmaker -- documentary, feature or short(s). It will be followed by a discussion with the key crew /cast of the film with a thought to support and encourage independent women filmmakers-locally, nationally and internationally," said Petrina D'Rozario, Founder President, WIFT India.
Present at the screening were Kalki Koechlin, Shilpa Shukla, Nimrat Kaur, Pallavi Sharda, Ajay Bahl, Namrata Rao and Navdeep Singh to show their support for the documentary film.
- CBSE Announces Class 12 Exam Results, Topper Scores 99.6%
- Curfew In Srinagar Day After Bhat Killed
- Police Reveal Photos Of Manchester Bomber
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- What Exactly Is The Govt Celebrating? Rahul Questions 'Modi's Three Year' Festivities
- IT Dept Raids 22 Locations In Benami Land Deal Case Linked To Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Mamata Banerjee Discusses Joint Candidate for President Polls with Sonia Gandhi
- Petrol Price Cut By Rs 2.16 per Litre, Diesel By Rs 2.10