Anurag Kashyap Joins WIFT India Host Premiere of Documentary
Filmmaker Anurag Kashyap has joined hands with Women in Film and Television (WIFT) India to host the premiere of a documentary film The World before Her directed by independent filmmaker Nisha Pahuja.
The screening of the documentary by the Canadian filmmaker with the Indian origin was held by WIFT India's monthly screening club Cine Corner last evening.
"I couldn't have asked for a better platform other than WIFT India. With 50 chapters globally, Nisha's connect with WIFT Toronto and now WIFT India proves that being connected is important for independent filmmaker," Kashyap said in a statement here.
"WIFT India's support to encourage independent women filmmakers via Cine Corner is a much-needed platform for the premiere of The World before Her. So it's going to be a women's show all the way," he said.
The premiere witnessed the coming together of some of the renowned personalities from different film backgrounds who were sharing their experiences with the audience. The screening was followed by a Q & A session by Kashyap and the cast of the film.
'The World....' explores the complex and conflicting environment for young girls in India by profiling two young women - Ruhi Singh, who aspires to become Miss India, and Prachi Trivedi, a militant Hindu nationalist with the Durga Vahini - participating in two very different types of training camps.
"The power of a platform like WIFT and Cine Corner proves that good films don't have to go unnoticed just because these independent filmmakers don't have a marketing budget.
"Every month, we will screen one film made by a woman filmmaker -- documentary, feature or short(s). It will be followed by a discussion with the key crew /cast of the film with a thought to support and encourage independent women filmmakers-locally, nationally and internationally," said Petrina D'Rozario, Founder President, WIFT India.
Present at the screening were Kalki Koechlin, Shilpa Shukla, Nimrat Kaur, Pallavi Sharda, Ajay Bahl, Namrata Rao and Navdeep Singh to show their support for the documentary film.
- DMK Objects to Jayalalithaa's Portraits
- 'I Am Not Scared Of ABVP', DU Student And Kargil Martyr's Daughter's Facebook Post Goes Viral Sends Strong Message To ABVP
- 'Delhi Police Has Become Agent of BJP'
- Modi To Face Love Challenge In 2019
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- Ramjas Violence: College Forms Panel to Probe Students' Role
- 'Rs 10 Lakh Each Paid To 141 Families Of Manual Scavengers': TN Govt Tells Madras HC
- China's Bad Loans In 2016 Came Up To A Whopping USD 220 Billion
- Donkeys, Pigeons And Even Kasab: Morsels Of Madness From Uttar Pradesh
- DCW Orders Probe into Alleged Attacks on Women by Cops at DU
- BMC: Congress’s Gurudas Kamat Opposes Tie Up With Shiv Sena
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Boys In MP Forced To Dip Hands In Boiling Oil As 'Innocence Test', To Prove They Hadn't Stolen Mobile
- Hafiz Saeed Can Pose A Serious Threat To Nation, Says Pakistan's Defence Minister
- 5 Killed As Aircraft Smashes Into Melbourne Shopping Complex
- Nestle Sales Was Hit By Rs 100 Crore Post Demonetisation, Says Company Chairman