Another Minor Allegedly Raped in Bangalore
In yet another sexual offence involving a minor, a seven-year-old girl was raped allegedly by a 28-year-old man, who has been arrested, while she was under the care of his mother.
The victim's mother had hired a maid servant and used to drop her daughter at her house before going for work in a garment shop. On July 25, the girl was raped by the man when his mother was away, a senior police official said.
The incident came to light on July 29 and the case was filed today, Additional Commissioner of Police (Law and Order) Alok Kumar said.
"We have arrested Srinivas, the accused, for allegedly raping the minor girl in her house. Kamakshipalya police is investigating the case," Kumar told PTI.
Police have registered a case of rape and were investigating further.
The incident comes close on the heels of the alleged gang rape of a six-year old girl at Vibgyor High School on July 2, a shocking incident that caused public outrage and led to severe protests over growing crime against women and children.
Two gymnastics instructors were arrested on Monday in connection with the school incident while the police ruled out the "direct" involvement of the skating instructor Mustafa who was earlier arrested as main accused.
- Mumbai Is The Richest Indian City With Total Wealth Of USD 820 Billion
- Paytm Offers To Hire Employees Sacked By Rival Companies
- Kim Killing Suspect Thought She Was In A 'Comedy Video'
- Modi To Face Love Challenge In 2019
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- DU Professor Injured in Violence Hospitalised
- Fire Breaks Out At The Times Of India Building In New Delhi
- Kerala CM Retracts His Remark Denying Conspiracy in Assault on Actress
- Trump to Skip White House Correspondents' Dinner Amidst Tiff With Media
- Pakistan Rangers Kill 4, Detain Over 600 Terror Suspects In 200 Search Operations
- Maharashtra: Nearly 350 Students In Custody,18 Others Arrested After Army Recruitment Board Papers Leaked
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Rahul Gandhi Says He Has Information Of PM Modi's Personal Corruption
- Over 400 Academicians From International Varsities Write Open Letter To JNU Vice Chancellor Over Recent Events
- Demonetisation Advisers Need Elementary Course In Economics Says Chidambaram
- 52 Killed, Over 100 Injured in Sufi Shrine Blast in Pak's Balochistan