Another Minor Allegedly Raped in Bangalore
In yet another sexual offence involving a minor, a seven-year-old girl was raped allegedly by a 28-year-old man, who has been arrested, while she was under the care of his mother.
The victim's mother had hired a maid servant and used to drop her daughter at her house before going for work in a garment shop. On July 25, the girl was raped by the man when his mother was away, a senior police official said.
The incident came to light on July 29 and the case was filed today, Additional Commissioner of Police (Law and Order) Alok Kumar said.
"We have arrested Srinivas, the accused, for allegedly raping the minor girl in her house. Kamakshipalya police is investigating the case," Kumar told PTI.
Police have registered a case of rape and were investigating further.
The incident comes close on the heels of the alleged gang rape of a six-year old girl at Vibgyor High School on July 2, a shocking incident that caused public outrage and led to severe protests over growing crime against women and children.
Two gymnastics instructors were arrested on Monday in connection with the school incident while the police ruled out the "direct" involvement of the skating instructor Mustafa who was earlier arrested as main accused.
FROM OUTLOOKCrimeA series of shocking crimes that began the year seal Delhi's reputation as an anti-woman city...more from outlook>>>
FROM THE WEBOpinionWhen I first came to Goa 25-plus years ago, one ofmore from WEB>>>
FROM WIRESA 24-year-old MBA student was kidnapped and allegmore from WIRES>>>
- PM Should Also be Suspended for 'Inviting ISI to Pathankot': Mann
- Patient Shoots Doctor at Berlin Hospital, Kills Self: Police
- Irom Sharmila to Call Off Hunger Strike After 16 Years
- Devas-Antrix Deal: India Loses Arbitration Case at the Hague
- Four Militants Killed, Another Apprehended in Kupwara
- Flipkart Acquires Jabong From Global Fashion Group
- Nita Ambani's Y-Security Cover Gets Her on Twitter Trend
- Celeb-Laden FB Pellet Shot for Celeb-Loving India
- As If Donald Trump Wasn't Enough!
- Daily Curator: Why Cockroach Milk Is Good For You
- Daily Curator: Emergency For Media In Kashmir
- Daily Curator: Oh Non! #NiceAttack
- 'Pained' by Una Episode, Many Dalits Plan to Embrace Buddhism
- British PM May Calls Sharif to Discuss Ties
- Child Labour Bill a Missed Opportunity for Children: Satyarthi
- Govt Holds Meet With RSS Affiliates Over Key Economic Issues
- HC Seeks Centre's Report on Use of Pellet Guns in Kashmir
- Psychological Warfare on Social Media Our New Threat: Rathore
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED