Amarinder, Badals are Hand in Glove: Kejriwal
Shiromani Akali Dal led by Badals and Congress leader Amarinder Singh were hand in glove and simply playing with the sentiments of common people, Aam Aadmi Party leader Arvind Kejriwal alleged today.
Kejriwal, who was here to campaign for AAP candidate H S Adaltiwala for the by-poll to Patiala (Urban) seat to be held on August 21, said Akalis and Congress were dividing people in the name of different parties.
They have developed an understanding between themselves and both have reduced the once most prosperous state of Punjab to a debt-ridden state, he said.
"They both feel secure in each other's government considering the fact that they are equally corrupt and know the weak points of each other. But, their only fear is that if AAP comes to power, they will have to pay for their misdeeds. Therefore, they are trying everything possible to defame the party," Kejriwal said.
Urging people to vote for AAP not just for "Arvind Kejriwal" or Adaltiwala but for the secure future of their children, he said, "People in Punjab have already made up their mind against the ruling SAD-BJP alliance which is evident from the results of recent Lok Sabha polls."
Since Congress too has not done anything for the betterment of Punjab residents, AAP has given them an alternative and "we are sure of our success in Punjab now. All those who think that AAP was losing ground should wait and see what happens on August 21," he said.
Meanwhile, he criticised the hurling of shoe towards Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal by a youth claimed by police to be an AAP activist in Ludhiana district on August 15, saying it was highly unfortunate and unacceptable.
He, however, said that instead of sending him to jail one must try to understand as to what made him do so.
- Burhan Wani's Successor Sabzar Bhat, Killed
- After Rahul, Akhilesh Denied Entry To Saharanpur
- WHO Confirms First Zika Cases From Ahmedabad
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- What Exactly Is The Govt Celebrating? Rahul Questions 'Modi's Three Year' Festivities
- IT Dept Raids 22 Locations In Benami Land Deal Case Linked To Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Mamata Banerjee Discusses Joint Candidate for President Polls with Sonia Gandhi
- Petrol Price Cut By Rs 2.16 per Litre, Diesel By Rs 2.10