Amarinder, Badals are Hand in Glove: Kejriwal
Shiromani Akali Dal led by Badals and Congress leader Amarinder Singh were hand in glove and simply playing with the sentiments of common people, Aam Aadmi Party leader Arvind Kejriwal alleged today.
Kejriwal, who was here to campaign for AAP candidate H S Adaltiwala for the by-poll to Patiala (Urban) seat to be held on August 21, said Akalis and Congress were dividing people in the name of different parties.
They have developed an understanding between themselves and both have reduced the once most prosperous state of Punjab to a debt-ridden state, he said.
"They both feel secure in each other's government considering the fact that they are equally corrupt and know the weak points of each other. But, their only fear is that if AAP comes to power, they will have to pay for their misdeeds. Therefore, they are trying everything possible to defame the party," Kejriwal said.
Urging people to vote for AAP not just for "Arvind Kejriwal" or Adaltiwala but for the secure future of their children, he said, "People in Punjab have already made up their mind against the ruling SAD-BJP alliance which is evident from the results of recent Lok Sabha polls."
Since Congress too has not done anything for the betterment of Punjab residents, AAP has given them an alternative and "we are sure of our success in Punjab now. All those who think that AAP was losing ground should wait and see what happens on August 21," he said.
Meanwhile, he criticised the hurling of shoe towards Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal by a youth claimed by police to be an AAP activist in Ludhiana district on August 15, saying it was highly unfortunate and unacceptable.
He, however, said that instead of sending him to jail one must try to understand as to what made him do so.
- Open the Dam Shutters, SC Asks Karnataka to Release 6000 Cusecs of Water to TN
- After Indus Water Treaty, India Will Now Review the Most Favoured Nation Status Given to Pak
- Corruption Accused Ex-Corporate Affairs DG Bansal Commits Suicide Along With Son
- Clinton Puts Trump on Defensive in Fiery First Presidential Debate
- USA: Nine Injured in Shooting at Strip Mall in Houston
- Abandon 'Dream' of Obtaining Kashmir: Swaraj to Pakistan
- Highlights From The First US Presidential Debate
- List Of People Who Have Been At The Receiving End Of A Shoe
- Watch: A Poacher's Court Tries To Save Elephants And Rhinos In Africa
- US Bans Many Soaps With Harmful Chemicals, Indians Too at Health Risk
- 6-Year-Old Boy Wonder Cooks Kerala's Puttu for US Audience on Ellen Show
- Bound By Chain Great Dane Starved To Death
- Yashvardhan Sinha Appointed India's High Commissioner to UK
- BSF Orders More Non-Lethal Weapons for Use at Bangladesh Border
- Pathankot on High Alert, Search Operation Launched
- Curfew Relaxed for Six Hours in Kishtwar District of J&K
- India Confronts Pak Envoy With Proof of Uri Attack's Cross Border Origins
- Pakistani Actors Should Condemn Uri Attack: Anupam Kher
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED