Altercation Over Kite flying Injures 3 in Capital
Three persons were injured and a bike was set on fire after two groups clashed following a minor altercation between two youths over kite flying in North East Delhi's Nand Nagri area here this afternoon, police said.
The incident took place around 1:30 PM in C-3 block in Nand Nagri area.
"It all started when two youths, who were flying kites in a park, had an argument after one of them allegedly threatened another belonging to a different community and demanded money to let him fly kite in the park," said a police official.
The minor argument soon snowballed into a clash with more people from the two communities joining in.
The warring group resorted to pelting stones and empty beer bottles. A bike was also set on fire.
Today being a holiday, a large crowd gathered within no time. Someone called police and even policemen who reached the spot first faced some resistance.
Soon, senior police officers reached the spot with forces and reined in the crowds before things blew out of proportion.
Heavy police deployment was made in the area to ensure peace and harmony.
"A case of rioting and damage to public property has been registered in this regard and we are trying to identify those persons involved in the incident," said Deputy Commissioner of Police (North-East) R A Sanjeev.
- Samsung Heir Indicted For Bribery, Embezzlement
- Uber Asks Top Executive To Go For Hiding Sexual Harassment Charge
- Ringing Bells Manager Arrested For Fraud
- 'Have Killed Iranians': Kansas Shooter Told Bartender
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- OECD Cuts India's Growth to 7%, Says India a Star Performer
- 'It's About The Freedom To Coexist Yet Disagree':Hundreds Participate In DU Protest March Against ABVP
- Shooter Jitu Rai Wins Bronze in ISSF World Cup
- FIR Registered Against Unknown Persons In Connection With The Case Of Kargil Martyr's Daughter
- RBI Sets Up Panel to Review Cyber Threats
- Reliance Jio's Tariff Aggressive, Unsustainable, Says Airtel's Sunil Mittal
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Delhi Court Acquits 2 In 2005 Serial Blasts, Sentences Third Accused To 10-Year Jail Term
- Govt Plans Chaupals To Link Weaker Sections To Cashless System
- Modi's Voice Not Of A Roaring Lion, Feebler Than A Mouse, Says Rahul Gandhi
- Over 400 Academicians From International Varsities Write Open Letter To JNU Vice Chancellor Over Recent Events