Altercation Over Kite flying Injures 3 in Capital
Three persons were injured and a bike was set on fire after two groups clashed following a minor altercation between two youths over kite flying in North East Delhi's Nand Nagri area here this afternoon, police said.
The incident took place around 1:30 PM in C-3 block in Nand Nagri area.
"It all started when two youths, who were flying kites in a park, had an argument after one of them allegedly threatened another belonging to a different community and demanded money to let him fly kite in the park," said a police official.
The minor argument soon snowballed into a clash with more people from the two communities joining in.
The warring group resorted to pelting stones and empty beer bottles. A bike was also set on fire.
Today being a holiday, a large crowd gathered within no time. Someone called police and even policemen who reached the spot first faced some resistance.
Soon, senior police officers reached the spot with forces and reined in the crowds before things blew out of proportion.
Heavy police deployment was made in the area to ensure peace and harmony.
"A case of rioting and damage to public property has been registered in this regard and we are trying to identify those persons involved in the incident," said Deputy Commissioner of Police (North-East) R A Sanjeev.
- Suicide Bomber Responsible For Manchester Blast
- Sukhoi Fighter Jet Goes Missing Near Tezpur in Assam
- Ex-Congress MP Naveen Jindal Summoned As Accused In Coal-Scam Case
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- 1984 Riots: Congress Leader Jagdish Tytler Refuses To Undergo Polygraph Test
- Bomb Scare Delays Movie Screening At Cannes
- Indian Railways' First Ever High-Speed Luxurious Train, Tejas Express, To Be Flagged Off Today
- Allegations Prove Others Are Scared of AAP's Anti-Corruption Campaign: Kejriwal
- What Exactly Is The Govt Celebrating? Rahul Questions 'Modi's Three Year' Festivities
- IT Dept Raids 22 Locations In Benami Land Deal Case Linked To Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Mamata Banerjee Discusses Joint Candidate for President Polls with Sonia Gandhi
- Petrol Price Cut By Rs 2.16 per Litre, Diesel By Rs 2.10