Altercation Over Kite flying Injures 3 in Capital
Three persons were injured and a bike was set on fire after two groups clashed following a minor altercation between two youths over kite flying in North East Delhi's Nand Nagri area here this afternoon, police said.
The incident took place around 1:30 PM in C-3 block in Nand Nagri area.
"It all started when two youths, who were flying kites in a park, had an argument after one of them allegedly threatened another belonging to a different community and demanded money to let him fly kite in the park," said a police official.
The minor argument soon snowballed into a clash with more people from the two communities joining in.
The warring group resorted to pelting stones and empty beer bottles. A bike was also set on fire.
Today being a holiday, a large crowd gathered within no time. Someone called police and even policemen who reached the spot first faced some resistance.
Soon, senior police officers reached the spot with forces and reined in the crowds before things blew out of proportion.
Heavy police deployment was made in the area to ensure peace and harmony.
"A case of rioting and damage to public property has been registered in this regard and we are trying to identify those persons involved in the incident," said Deputy Commissioner of Police (North-East) R A Sanjeev.
FROM OUTLOOKbritain: riotsCriminality? Elitism? Erosion of authority? Britain really shouldn’t have been shocked....more from outlook>>>
FROM THE WEBREPORTAGEInside the ophthalmology ward of Srinagar's SMHS Hmore from WEB>>>
FROM WIRESAt least 14 persons, including a photo journalist,more from WIRES>>>
- Mehbooba Meets PM, Presents 3-Point Action Plan to Bring Peace in Kashmir
- National Herald: Notice Issued to Sonia, Rahul on Swamy's Petition
- Two Die in Murshidabad Hospital Fire
- PM Trying to Reverse AAP Govt's Decisions Through LG: Kejriwal
- Dhaka Cafe Attack 'Mastermind', 2 Others Killed in Encounter
- Nude Monk Delivers 'Kadve Vachan' in Haryana Assembly
- Myntra Says It Wasn't Us But #BoycottMyntra Trends
- Javadekar Becomes Toast Of Twitter On Freedom Fighter Comment
- Manish Sisodia Sacks Hospital Employee For Watching Video While On Duty
- Daily Curator: Vijay Goel's Olympic Entourage Likened to 'Bullies'
- Daily Curator: Expectant Mothers To Now Get More Paid Leave
- The Torrent Phoenix Rises Again
- Over 400 Liquor Licences Granted Since AAP Came to Power: Yogendra Yadav
- Nurse, Security Agency Sacked in Dana Majhi Incident
- Bihar Flood Situation Worsens, Toll Rises to 153
- 25 Injured in Fresh Clashes in Kashmir, Death Toll Rises to 68
- Court Orders Further Probe Against K.M. Mani in Bar Scam
- Fire Sweeps Through Russian Warehouse, Killing 17 Workers
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED