Alleged Shiv Sena Worker Throws Ink at Cong Leader
An alleged Shiv Sena worker today threw ink at Maharashtra revenue minister and senior Congress leader Balasaheb Thorat, police said.
Earlier this month, some activists from Dhangar community had thrown ink at co-operatives minister Harshvardhan Patil at a function in Pune district.
Today's incident took place at Rajapur in Sangamner tehsil of Ahmednagar district, where Thorat held a meeting with party workers.
After the meeting, as he sat in his car, Bhausaheb Hase, a local Sena memeber, requested him to step out for a moment as he wanted to discuss something, police said.
When Thorat stepped out, Hase threw ink at him.
Police immediately took Hase in custody.
Thorat appealed to the Congress workers to maintain peace before leaving for Srirampur.
Congress workers staged protest in some places in the district.
- Major Who Tied Civilian To Army Jeep, Awarded
- Indian Cabbie Abused And Assaulted In Australia
- Rawal Wants Arundhati Roy Tied To Army Jeep Instead Of Stone-Pelters
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- What Exactly Is The Govt Celebrating? Rahul Questions 'Modi's Three Year' Festivities
- IT Dept Raids 22 Locations In Benami Land Deal Case Linked To Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Mamata Banerjee Discusses Joint Candidate for President Polls with Sonia Gandhi
- Petrol Price Cut By Rs 2.16 per Litre, Diesel By Rs 2.10