All-Party Committee on ILP Formed in Manipur
A 13-member all-party committee has been formed to look into the demand of various social organisations for introduction of Inner Line Permit (ILP) to protect the indigenous people in Manipur, officials said.
The decision to form the committee was taken in a 6-hour-long all-party meeting presided over by Chief Minister Okram Ibobi Singh last evening, they said. The Naga People's Front, however, did not participate in the meeting.
The committee would consider whether a separate law could be enacted by the state Assembly and submit its report soon to the government. The first meeting of the committee would be held on August 9, officials said.
Representatives of the political parties have urged the government in the meeting to release about 100 women activists, now in judicial custody for demanding introduction of ILP in the state, JD(U) leader M Tombi said.
ILP system is in force in neighbouring Nagaland, Mizoram, and Arunachal Pradesh.
- Congress Bastion Amethi Goes To Polls
- Assault on Kerala Actress Scares Me: Deepika
- Nokia Relaunches Iconic 3310 With Colour Display, Web Features
- Modi To Face Love Challenge In 2019
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- 'You Want To Make Universities Laboratories For Separatist Experiments?' Naidu Asks Congress, Left
- Madras High Court Exempts Class Xth Non-Tamil Students From Writing Examination In Tamil
- Banned SIMI Chief And 10 Others Given Life Imprisonment In Sedition Case
- Airtel Removes Roaming Charges on Calls, Data
- Now, BJP MP Pratap Simha Compares Kargil Martyr's Daughter With Dawood Ibrahim
- Political Speeches, Anti-Trump Jibes Dominate Oscars 2017
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Delhi Court Acquits 2 In 2005 Serial Blasts, Sentences Third Accused To 10-Year Jail Term
- Govt Plans Chaupals To Link Weaker Sections To Cashless System
- Modi's Voice Not Of A Roaring Lion, Feebler Than A Mouse, Says Rahul Gandhi
- Over 400 Academicians From International Varsities Write Open Letter To JNU Vice Chancellor Over Recent Events