All-Party Committee on ILP Formed in Manipur
A 13-member all-party committee has been formed to look into the demand of various social organisations for introduction of Inner Line Permit (ILP) to protect the indigenous people in Manipur, officials said.
The decision to form the committee was taken in a 6-hour-long all-party meeting presided over by Chief Minister Okram Ibobi Singh last evening, they said. The Naga People's Front, however, did not participate in the meeting.
The committee would consider whether a separate law could be enacted by the state Assembly and submit its report soon to the government. The first meeting of the committee would be held on August 9, officials said.
Representatives of the political parties have urged the government in the meeting to release about 100 women activists, now in judicial custody for demanding introduction of ILP in the state, JD(U) leader M Tombi said.
ILP system is in force in neighbouring Nagaland, Mizoram, and Arunachal Pradesh.
FROM OUTLOOKassembly pollsIt's realignments galore as key players bicker or switch sides in the run-up to the polls...more from outlook>>>
FROM THE WEBAssembly elections 2001In the end there was no constitutional crisis as fmore from WEB>>>
FROM WIRESThe newly elected members of Jammu and Kashmir Assmore from WIRES>>>
- Indian Army Launched Surgical Strikes in PoK
- PM Chairs CCS Meeting to Review Situation Along LoC
- Meeting on Most Favoured Nation Status to Pakistan Postponed
- Ceasefire Violations Along LoC in Naugam Sector, Poonch
- CBSE Likely to Make Class 10 Board Exams Compulsory From 2018
- Three Injured in Shooting at Elementary School in US, Suspect in Custody: Police
- Denzel Washington's 'FENCES' Trailer Promises Oscar Contenders
- Roasted For Being Dark, Parched Actor Tannishtha Chatterjee Gets Apology
- Karachi's Stand-Up Comedian Has His Reasons Why India And Pakistan Should Not Go To War
- Prabhu Deva Does A Gandi Baat Jig With Father
- Highlights From The First US Presidential Debate
- List Of People Who Have Been At The Receiving End Of A Shoe
- Cauvery Impasse: No Breakthrough at Meet Convened by Centre
- Clear Response Given by Targeting Terror Breeding Centres: Shah
- Scarlett Keeling Case: Mother Writes to PM, Seeks Reinvestigation By SIT
- Rajnath Singh Speaks to Four CMs, Opposition Leaders on Army Strike
- Congress, AAP Congratulate Army on Anti-Terror Surgical Strikes
- Surgical Strike: 7 Terror Launch Pads Targeted, Heliborne, Ground Forces Used
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED