Ajit Pawar Should Take Moral Responsibility and Quit: BJP
Following the anti-corruption bureau's request to the state government seeking permission to start an 'open inquiry' against Maharashtra Deputy Chief Minister Ajit Pawar and NCP leader Sunil Tatkare, the BJP today demanded Pawar's resignation on moral grounds.
"(Ajit) Pawar should take moral responsibility and resign immediately," state BJP chief Devendra Fadnavis said here.
ACB yesterday sought permission for 'open inquiry' against Pawar and Tatkare, both senior NCP leaders, over a complaint by activist Pravin Wategaonkar who has alleged corruption in 12 irrigation projects in the last decade.
Fadnavis said the government was harping on the clean chit given by Chitale committee to NCP leaders, but BJP had pointed out that government's claim was false.
"The BJP had said in June that the claims of the state government were false and fabricated. Today our stand has been vindicated," he said.
"Chitale committee report blamed the officials for the irrigation scam but let off the ministers."
NCP spokesperson Nawab Malik said that false allegations were being made to sully the party's image ahead of the Assembly polls.
Meanwhile, speaking in Nagpur, state BJP spokesperson Madhav Bhandari said, "It is unlikely that ACB will get the permission from the state government and the governor for open inquiry."
ACB's request to state government followed a complaint lodged by activist Pravin Wategaonkar that in the last ten years more than three contracts were awarded to a particular group, in violation of the rule that prescribes awarding of maximum of three contracts to a single contractor/company.
Pawar and Tatkare, during their respective stints as water resources minister, allegedly favoured this group, the complaint says.
- Tardy Reaction To Molestation Of A Ladkhi Girl Opens Wounds Of Government Apathy To The Region
- No Security Stamps In These 7 Airports Anymore
- Kerala To Launch First Sex Offenders Registry
- Gujarat To Ban Hookah Bars
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- Government To Launch 'Twitter Seva' To Address Public Grievances
- Gujarat Assembly Passes Bill To Impose Complete Ban On Hookah Bars
- Over 61 % Voting in Phase-IV Of UP Assembly Polls
- Vyapam: No CBI Probe Into Madhya Pradesh Pre-Engineering Test
- No Need To Get Security Stamp On Hand Baggages Anymore In These 7 Airports
- Govt Ropes In Shilpa Shetty As Swachh Bharat Brand Ambassador
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Boys In MP Forced To Dip Hands In Boiling Oil As 'Innocence Test', To Prove They Hadn't Stolen Mobile
- Hafiz Saeed Can Pose A Serious Threat To Nation, Says Pakistan's Defence Minister
- 5 Killed As Aircraft Smashes Into Melbourne Shopping Complex
- Nestle Sales Was Hit By Rs 100 Crore Post Demonetisation, Says Company Chairman