Air Force Employee Arrested for Spying
An IAF employee based at Pathankot in Punjab was arrested on charge of passing on strategic information about the air force station to a Pakistani woman, police said today.
SSP Pathankot Rakesh Kaushal said over phone that Airman Sunil Kumar (24), a resident of Jodhpur, has been arrested and a local court has sent him to 10 days' police remand.
A cyber squad of the air base had put him under surveillance and his emails to the woman, registered as Meena Raina, was found on the internet, Kaushal said.
IAF officials then handed him over to police, he said.
"The woman had contacted him on the social-networking media first, made friends with him and started paying him for the information," the SSP said.
The air force team kept a close watch on the online account of the Airman and found that "Sunil was in touch with a Pakistani woman on internet. He was paid for the information the accused was transmitting to the woman."
- Tardy Reaction To Molestation Of A Ladkhi Girl Opens Wounds Of Government Apathy To The Region
- No Security Stamps In These 7 Airports Anymore
- Kerala To Launch First Sex Offenders Registry
- Gujarat To Ban Hookah Bars
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- Government To Launch 'Twitter Seva' To Address Public Grievances
- Gujarat Assembly Passes Bill To Impose Complete Ban On Hookah Bars
- Over 61 % Voting in Phase-IV Of UP Assembly Polls
- Vyapam: No CBI Probe Into Madhya Pradesh Pre-Engineering Test
- No Need To Get Security Stamp On Hand Baggages Anymore In These 7 Airports
- Govt Ropes In Shilpa Shetty As Swachh Bharat Brand Ambassador
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Boys In MP Forced To Dip Hands In Boiling Oil As 'Innocence Test', To Prove They Hadn't Stolen Mobile
- Hafiz Saeed Can Pose A Serious Threat To Nation, Says Pakistan's Defence Minister
- 5 Killed As Aircraft Smashes Into Melbourne Shopping Complex
- Nestle Sales Was Hit By Rs 100 Crore Post Demonetisation, Says Company Chairman