AIADMK Member Commits Faux Pas in Lok Sabha
An AIADMK member committed faux pas in Lok Sabha today as he spoke on the issue of communal violence when the House was debating a bill to amend the Apprentices Act.
K Parasuraman, representing Thanjavur constituency in Tamil Nadu, read out his speech in Tamil on the measures taken by the J Jayalalithaa government in the state to prevent incidents of communal violence.
Even after Deputy Speaker M Thambidurai, who till yesterday was AIADMK Parliamentary Party leader, told him that he had to speak on the Apprentices (Amendment) Bill, Parasuraman continued to speak on communal violence.
Some members of other parties also pointed out to the Deputy Speaker that he was not speaking on the subject.
After Parasuraman ended his speech, other members of AIADMK were seen talking to him, apparently pointing out the faux pas he had committed.
FROM OUTLOOKparliament: jpc probeA whole Parliament session wasted. How our MPs undermine our democracy...more from outlook>>>
FROM THE WEBBook ExtractIt was the last night of the twentieth century andmore from WEB>>>
FROM WIRESNew Delhi, Jul 23 (PTI) The 1999 Kargil incursionsmore from WIRES>>>
- Muslim Women Beaten Up by Gau Rakshaks in MP, Uproar in RS
- Curfew Reimposed in Parts of Kashmir
- T. M. Krishna, Bezwada Wilson Win Magsaysay Award
- Narsingh Replaced by Rana, Scandal Reaches Police
- Modi's Silence on Dalit Assault Devaluation of PM's Post: Cong
- Clinton Becomes First Woman Prez Nominee, Says Glass Ceiling Cracked
- Nita Ambani's Y-Security Cover Gets Her on Twitter Trend
- Celeb-Laden FB Pellet Shot for Celeb-Loving India
- As If Donald Trump Wasn't Enough!
- Daily Curator: Why Cockroach Milk Is Good For You
- Daily Curator: Emergency For Media In Kashmir
- Daily Curator: Oh Non! #NiceAttack
- Security Intensified Along Mizoram-Bangladesh Border
- BJP MP Seeks Central Intervention in UP
- Salman Acquittal: Key Witness in Poaching Case Says He Wasn't Summoned Deliberately
- WB Seeks GI Tag Only on Bengal Rasogolla, no Conflict With Odisha
- Car Bomb in Northern Syria Kills One, Wounds 50: Syrian TV
- Turkey Orders 47 Newspaper Journalists, Executives Detained
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED