AIADMK Member Commits Faux Pas in Lok Sabha
An AIADMK member committed faux pas in Lok Sabha today as he spoke on the issue of communal violence when the House was debating a bill to amend the Apprentices Act.
K Parasuraman, representing Thanjavur constituency in Tamil Nadu, read out his speech in Tamil on the measures taken by the J Jayalalithaa government in the state to prevent incidents of communal violence.
Even after Deputy Speaker M Thambidurai, who till yesterday was AIADMK Parliamentary Party leader, told him that he had to speak on the Apprentices (Amendment) Bill, Parasuraman continued to speak on communal violence.
Some members of other parties also pointed out to the Deputy Speaker that he was not speaking on the subject.
After Parasuraman ended his speech, other members of AIADMK were seen talking to him, apparently pointing out the faux pas he had committed.
FROM OUTLOOKparliament: jpc probeA whole Parliament session wasted. How our MPs undermine our democracy...more from outlook>>>
FROM THE WEBFor the recordI want to expresse shock and protest the traffickimore from WEB>>>
FROM WIRESNew Delhi, Jul 23 (PTI) The 1999 Kargil incursionsmore from WIRES>>>
- Indian Origin Punjabi Bus Driver Burnt to Death in Australia
- SC Dismisses Petition, Says Armed Forces Answerable To Government
- Fifteen Pakistan Rangers Killed In BSF's Retaliatory Fire In The Past Week
- Judges Selection: SC Slams Centre for Bringing Courts to a Grinding Halt
- US Charges 61 People in Multi-Million Dollar Indian Call Center Scam
- Pak Violates Ceasefire Along LoC in Jammu, Rajouri, Kathua, Girl Injured
- Daily Curator: While India Plays Spy-Spy With Pakistan, China Issues Gentle Reminder
- Watch: Donald Trump Pulls Out All The Stops With 'Ab Ki Baar, Trump Sarkar'
- Daily Curator: What Happens In Family May Not Stay So
- Neeraj Pandey's Ouch Takes on the Complexities of a Relationship
- Watch: Svetlana Kuznetsova Snips Her Hair And Bosses The Match
- Daily Curator: After Board Says Tata to Cyrus, Bombay HC May Have a Case to Hear
- India Third in Terror Deaths After ISIS-Boko Haram Areas: SC Told
- War No Option, Pak Should Take Initiative for Peace: Mehbooba
- Pak Army Says No Soldiers Killed in Firing at Border
- DND Flyway onnecting Noida to Delhi to Remain Toll Free: SC
- Swamy Asks PM to Form Multi-Agency SIT to Probe Tatas
- Northern Ireland Rejects Brexit Court Challenge
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED