AIADMK Member Commits Faux Pas in Lok Sabha
An AIADMK member committed faux pas in Lok Sabha today as he spoke on the issue of communal violence when the House was debating a bill to amend the Apprentices Act.
K Parasuraman, representing Thanjavur constituency in Tamil Nadu, read out his speech in Tamil on the measures taken by the J Jayalalithaa government in the state to prevent incidents of communal violence.
Even after Deputy Speaker M Thambidurai, who till yesterday was AIADMK Parliamentary Party leader, told him that he had to speak on the Apprentices (Amendment) Bill, Parasuraman continued to speak on communal violence.
Some members of other parties also pointed out to the Deputy Speaker that he was not speaking on the subject.
After Parasuraman ended his speech, other members of AIADMK were seen talking to him, apparently pointing out the faux pas he had committed.
FROM OUTLOOKparliament: jpc probeA whole Parliament session wasted. How our MPs undermine our democracy...more from outlook>>>
FROM THE WEBFor the recordI want to expresse shock and protest the traffickimore from WEB>>>
FROM WIRESNew Delhi, Jul 23 (PTI) The 1999 Kargil incursionsmore from WIRES>>>
- SC Allows Marine Latorre to Stay Back in Italy
- Don't Behave Like Lords, 'Fall in Line': SC Tells BCCI
- Day After Stoning of Saamna Office in Maharashtra, Cartoonist Expresses Regret
- Former Israeli President Shimon Peres Dies at 93
- Pak Approaches World Bank Amid Reports of India Revoking Indus Water Treaty
- Most SAARC Members Join India, Pull Out of Summit in Pakistan
- Roasted For Being Dark, Parched Actor Tannishtha Chatterjee Gets Apology
- Karachi's Stand-Up Comedian Has His Reasons Why India And Pakistan Should Not Go To War
- Prabhu Deva Does A Gandi Baat Jig With Father
- Highlights From The First US Presidential Debate
- List Of People Who Have Been At The Receiving End Of A Shoe
- Watch: A Poacher's Court Tries To Save Elephants And Rhinos In Africa
- MH17 Probe 'Biased', Moscow 'Disappointed': Foreign Ministry
- NIA Gets Custody of PoK Duo Who Facilitated Uri Attack
- Sahara Group Has Taken Us for a Ride: SC
- Pakistani Singer Shafqat Amanat Ali's Concert in Bengaluru Cancelled
- Idols of Durga Vandalised in Bangladesh
- Kashmiri Student Booked For Sedition Over 'Anti-National' Post
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED