After Four-Month-Long Ban on Indian Films, Pakistan Issues NOC for Screening of Kaabil
Pakistan has issued a No Objection Certificate (NOC) for the latest Bollywood film 'Kaabil', which is now set to release in the country this weekend after a four-month-long ban by government on the screening of Indian movies, following Indo-Pak tensions.
An official of Hum Films told PTI that they were still awaiting NOC for the Shahrukh Khan-Mahira Khan starrer 'Raees' which would also be released soon.
"We are planning to release Kaabil on Friday once we get the clearance certificate from the Central Censor Board of Film Certification as well," he said.
The NOC for 'Kaabil' was issued by the government on the recommendation of the committee formed by Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif to look into the screening of Indian films locally, which had submitted a report to the Prime Minister's secretariat this week.
The committee headed by Minister of State for Information Maryam Aurangzeb had in its recommendations advised that the old policy that was in place before the screening of Indian films was suspended in the country should be maintained.
The suspension of the screenings of Indian films came after several Bollywood producers banned casting Pakistani artists in Indian movies in the wake of Uri terror attack and 'surgical strikes' conducted by the Indian Army on terror launch pads along the LoC in Kashmir.
Nadeem Mandviwalla a well-known cinema owner, distributor and exhibitor said the release of 'Kaabil' would officially start the process of latest Indian films being screened in Pakistan.
He said various cinema owners had suspended screening of Indian films in September last year in retaliation to the Indian Motion Picture Producers Association (IMPPA)'s ban on Pakistani actors, singers and technicians from working in India till "normalcy" returns.
"The cinema owners and industry suffered a lot of losses due to the suspension of Indian films screenings. But now it is getting back to normal," he added.
'Kaabil' was released in India on January 25th along with Raees.
Hum Films has already purchased both films after paying advance money to distributors.
Shah Rukh Khan starer 'Raees' feature Pakistani artist Mahira Khan, while Hrithik Roshan plays the lead in 'Kaabil'.
- Mumbai Is The Richest Indian City With Total Wealth Of USD 820 Billion
- Paytm Offers To Hire Employees Sacked By Rival Companies
- Kim Killing Suspect Thought She Was In A 'Comedy Video'
- Modi To Face Love Challenge In 2019
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- DU Professor Injured in Violence Hospitalised
- Fire Breaks Out At The Times Of India Building In New Delhi
- Kerala CM Retracts His Remark Denying Conspiracy in Assault on Actress
- Trump to Skip White House Correspondents' Dinner Amidst Tiff With Media
- Pakistan Rangers Kill 4, Detain Over 600 Terror Suspects In 200 Search Operations
- Maharashtra: Nearly 350 Students In Custody,18 Others Arrested After Army Recruitment Board Papers Leaked
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Rahul Gandhi Says He Has Information Of PM Modi's Personal Corruption
- Over 400 Academicians From International Varsities Write Open Letter To JNU Vice Chancellor Over Recent Events
- Demonetisation Advisers Need Elementary Course In Economics Says Chidambaram
- 52 Killed, Over 100 Injured in Sufi Shrine Blast in Pak's Balochistan