Advani to Sonia: 'Deeply Regret The Distress Caused'
BJP had appointed the task force on unravelling the amount of black money stashed by Indians in foreign banks and ways to bring it back.
The report had alleged that Sonia Gandhi and former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi were among Indians who held Swiss bank accounts.
This had led Sonia Gandhi to write a letter to Advani denying the allegation.
Sources said in the letter, Gandhi had said that neither she nor her husband held Swiss bank accounts.
This is what Mr Advani wrote to Mrs Gandhi:
Dear Smt. Sonia ji,
On my return from Kolkatta last night I found your letter dated 15 February awaiting me.
I am happy that you have categorically denied the reports alluded to in the Task Force’s report on Black Money. If these had been denied earlier, I am sure the Task Force would have factored in, the denial in its report. Even so, I deeply regret the distress caused to you.
- 'Very Productive' 100 Days In Office, 'Great Battles' Ahead, Says Donald Trump
- Put Details Of Seat Vacancy Online: HC to MCD
- Quint Reporter Gets Bail
- Global Press Freedom At 13-Year Low: Survey
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- By 2021, 536 Million Users Are Expected To Use Indian Languages On The Internet
- Should a Groom Compensate Victim of Celebratory Firing? Question Raised Before Delhi High Court
- JNU Professor Alleges Vandalism By Unidentified Persons For Organising Event To Condole Jawans' Death
- Strengthen Spirit Of Nationalism In J&K: Amit Shah to BJP workers
- EVM Stands For 'Every Vote Modi', Says UP CM Yogi Adityanath
- RSS Ideology Is Solution To All Problems, Says Nitin Gadkari
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Prepare for 'Movement' If Exit Poll Results Come True, Says Kejriwal
- Sukhma Naxal Ambush Is An Act Of Cowardice, Says HRD Minister Prakash Javadekar
- Naxals Using Tribals As Human Shield, Govt to Review Anti-Naxal Strategy: Rajnath Singh
- 'Hafiz Saeed Not A Terrorist,' Pervez Musharraf Denies His Involvement in Mumbai Attacks