Advani to Sonia: 'Deeply Regret The Distress Caused'
BJP had appointed the task force on unravelling the amount of black money stashed by Indians in foreign banks and ways to bring it back.
The report had alleged that Sonia Gandhi and former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi were among Indians who held Swiss bank accounts.
This had led Sonia Gandhi to write a letter to Advani denying the allegation.
Sources said in the letter, Gandhi had said that neither she nor her husband held Swiss bank accounts.
This is what Mr Advani wrote to Mrs Gandhi:
Dear Smt. Sonia ji,
On my return from Kolkatta last night I found your letter dated 15 February awaiting me.
I am happy that you have categorically denied the reports alluded to in the Task Force’s report on Black Money. If these had been denied earlier, I am sure the Task Force would have factored in, the denial in its report. Even so, I deeply regret the distress caused to you.
- Dy SP Pandith Lynching: Two Arrested
- ISRO's PSLV-C38, With 31 Satellites, Blasts Off From Sriharikota
- Lalu Asks Nitish Not To Make 'Historic Blunder'
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Army Rejects Rifles Made in India for 2nd Year in A Row Citing Poor Quality
- Opposition Picks Meira Kumar As Its Presidential Candidate
- ‘Giant Head’ Baby Roona Begum Of Tripura Passes Away Days Before Her Surgery
- JNU Students' Union President, Two Others Suspended From Varsity Panels For 'Misconduct'