Adding Political Connotation to Rally With Mulayam Wrong: Amar Singh
Ahead of a rally where he will share the dais with SP supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav, Rajya Sabha MP Amar Singh today said it would be "extremely wrong" to add "political connotation" to his attending the programme.
"I and Mulayam Singh Yadav are doing social work for a senior political leader who is not with us. To be not present at such an occasion is not good," he said before the start of the function for inauguration of Janeshwar Mishra Park here.
Singh, who was expelled from Samajwadi Party in 2010, said, "He (Mulayam) requested me and I have gone ahead. To add political connotation to it or to look at it in political light is extremely wrong."
He had yesterday ruled out any possibility of joining the party again.
"This is an apolitical programme. I am attending it on Mulayam Singh's invitation. I have worked with Janeshwarji and follow his ideology," Singh had said.
Singh, a former national general secretary of SP, had contested Lok Sabha polls on Rashtriya Lok Dal (RLD) ticket from Fatehpur Sikri seat of UP but lost. His Rajya Sabha tenure is also going to end later this year.
SP had expelled him and actor-turned-politician Jaya Prada on February 2, 2010 on the grounds of indiscipline and indulging in anti-party activities that the party claimed dented its socialist image.
- DMK Objects to Jayalalithaa's Portraits
- 'I Am Not Scared Of ABVP', DU Student And Kargil Martyr's Daughter's Facebook Post Goes Viral Sends Strong Message To ABVP
- 'Delhi Police Has Become Agent of BJP'
- Modi To Face Love Challenge In 2019
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- Ramjas Violence: College Forms Panel to Probe Students' Role
- 'Rs 10 Lakh Each Paid To 141 Families Of Manual Scavengers': TN Govt Tells Madras HC
- China's Bad Loans In 2016 Came Up To A Whopping USD 220 Billion
- Donkeys, Pigeons And Even Kasab: Morsels Of Madness From Uttar Pradesh
- DCW Orders Probe into Alleged Attacks on Women by Cops at DU
- BMC: Congress’s Gurudas Kamat Opposes Tie Up With Shiv Sena
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Boys In MP Forced To Dip Hands In Boiling Oil As 'Innocence Test', To Prove They Hadn't Stolen Mobile
- Hafiz Saeed Can Pose A Serious Threat To Nation, Says Pakistan's Defence Minister
- 5 Killed As Aircraft Smashes Into Melbourne Shopping Complex
- Nestle Sales Was Hit By Rs 100 Crore Post Demonetisation, Says Company Chairman