Abbey Road Zebra Crossing to Get Traffic Warden
Fans may soon find it difficult to recreate their 'Beatles' moment as local councillors are planning to introduce a traffic warden at the famous Abbey Road zebra crossing.
The crossing in west London was made famous after the Fab Four --John Lennon, a bare-foot Paul McCartney, Ringo Starr and George Harrison -- posed there outside Abbey Road studios for the cover of their 11th album on August 8, 1969.
But the crossing has been something of a menace as fans flock in great numbers every year and try to replicate the famous moment during busy traffic, reported Daily Mirror.
"It's always been a bit of an issue. It's a residential area, and it's not geared to receiving thousands and thousands of people - so it's quite hard to get some tangible solutions.
"Obviously we don't want to be spoil-sports - we are really proud of our musical heritage. I've set things in motion to have a lollipop lady or man there. They will act as the eyes and ears for us, and for when there's double parking.
"I've seen huge double-decker buses parking on double yellow lines right outside the studio, causing total chaos to traffic and causing danger to people trying to get their photograph. It would be good to have somebody there permanently," Westminster City councillor Lindsey Hall told the newspaper.
Hall said the traffic warden will try not to make it difficult for fans to pose for pictures, provided they don't endanger the safety.
"Obviously it might spoil the snap. It's a question of ensuring that the traffic has been warned sufficiently, so those people are safe and can get the picture.
"I think we've got to try and do something, because there is always the fear that something might go wrong and somebody will be hurt."
- Mehbooba Meets PM, Presents 3-Point Action Plan to Bring Peace in Kashmir
- National Herald: Notice Issued to Sonia, Rahul on Swamy's Petition
- Two Die in Murshidabad Hospital Fire
- PM Trying to Reverse AAP Govt's Decisions Through LG: Kejriwal
- Dhaka Cafe Attack 'Mastermind', 2 Others Killed in Encounter
- Nude Monk Delivers 'Kadve Vachan' in Haryana Assembly
- Myntra Says It Wasn't Us But #BoycottMyntra Trends
- Javadekar Becomes Toast Of Twitter On Freedom Fighter Comment
- Manish Sisodia Sacks Hospital Employee For Watching Video While On Duty
- Daily Curator: Vijay Goel's Olympic Entourage Likened to 'Bullies'
- Daily Curator: Expectant Mothers To Now Get More Paid Leave
- The Torrent Phoenix Rises Again
- Over 400 Liquor Licences Granted Since AAP Came to Power: Yogendra Yadav
- Nurse, Security Agency Sacked in Dana Majhi Incident
- Bihar Flood Situation Worsens, Toll Rises to 153
- 25 Injured in Fresh Clashes in Kashmir, Death Toll Rises to 68
- Court Orders Further Probe Against K.M. Mani in Bar Scam
- Fire Sweeps Through Russian Warehouse, Killing 17 Workers
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED