AAP West Bengal Unit Joins BJP
Following the spectacular rise of the BJP in the state, the entire West Bengal unit of AAP today merged with it, while a senior Congress leader was likely to do so in the coming days.
"The entire state unit of the Aam Admi Party decided to merge with the BJP as they want to join the fight against Trinamool Congress," state BJP president Rahul Sinha said.
AAP leader Amit Kumar said BJP was the only platform in the state to fight for the people's cause.
"Senior Congress leader Pradip Ghosh has also decided to BJP within the next few days," Sinha said.
Ghosh confirmed that he was joining the BJP within the next few days.
Ghosh, a former president of Central Congress Committee, was upset over state Congress president Adhir Chowdhury deciding to disband all party committees after its debacle in the Lok Sabha polls.
Ghosh's move would be a jolt to the state Congress which was faced with an exodus of party workers to the Trinamool.
"Various leaders from other parties including Left parties are in touch with us. Let's see what happens in days to come," said Sinha.
Sinha also criticised the state government over its inaction in reopening the Hindustan Motor car plant.
"Several members of ruling party and the management are involved in in the closure," he said.
He alleged that huge tracts of land owned by the company were sold in connivance with a section of ruling party leaders.
"We condemn this. We want the state government to begin tripartite talks so that this unit is opened as early as possible," Sinha added.
- Tardy Reaction To Molestation Of A Ladkhi Girl Opens Wounds Of Government Apathy To The Region
- No Security Stamps In These 7 Airports Anymore
- Kerala To Launch First Sex Offenders Registry
- Gujarat To Ban Hookah Bars
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- Gujarat Assembly Passes Bill To Impose Complete Ban On Hookah Bars
- Over 61 % Voting in Phase-IV Of UP Assembly Polls
- Vyapam: No CBI Probe Into Madhya Pradesh Pre-Engineering Test
- No Need To Get Security Stamp On Hand Baggages Anymore In These 7 Airports
- Govt Ropes In Shilpa Shetty As Swachh Bharat Brand Ambassador
- Akhilesh Yadav Scared Of Donkeys Of Gujarat, Says PM Modi
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Boys In MP Forced To Dip Hands In Boiling Oil As 'Innocence Test', To Prove They Hadn't Stolen Mobile
- Hafiz Saeed Can Pose A Serious Threat To Nation, Says Pakistan's Defence Minister
- 5 Killed As Aircraft Smashes Into Melbourne Shopping Complex
- Nestle Sales Was Hit By Rs 100 Crore Post Demonetisation, Says Company Chairman