AAP West Bengal Unit Joins BJP
Following the spectacular rise of the BJP in the state, the entire West Bengal unit of AAP today merged with it, while a senior Congress leader was likely to do so in the coming days.
"The entire state unit of the Aam Admi Party decided to merge with the BJP as they want to join the fight against Trinamool Congress," state BJP president Rahul Sinha said.
AAP leader Amit Kumar said BJP was the only platform in the state to fight for the people's cause.
"Senior Congress leader Pradip Ghosh has also decided to BJP within the next few days," Sinha said.
Ghosh confirmed that he was joining the BJP within the next few days.
Ghosh, a former president of Central Congress Committee, was upset over state Congress president Adhir Chowdhury deciding to disband all party committees after its debacle in the Lok Sabha polls.
Ghosh's move would be a jolt to the state Congress which was faced with an exodus of party workers to the Trinamool.
"Various leaders from other parties including Left parties are in touch with us. Let's see what happens in days to come," said Sinha.
Sinha also criticised the state government over its inaction in reopening the Hindustan Motor car plant.
"Several members of ruling party and the management are involved in in the closure," he said.
He alleged that huge tracts of land owned by the company were sold in connivance with a section of ruling party leaders.
"We condemn this. We want the state government to begin tripartite talks so that this unit is opened as early as possible," Sinha added.
- 'One Nation One Tax' to Eliminate Corruption: Jaitley on GST
- Bangladeshi-Canadian Named as Dhaka Cafe Attack Mastermind
- Assam Flood Situation 'Grave And Challenging': Rajnath
- Karnataka CM's Son Dies of Pancreatitis in Belgium
- Clashes in Kashmir, Curfew Lifted in Many Areas
- Kashmir: Army Foils Infiltration Bid, Two Militants, Two Soldiers Killed
- Outlook Cover Story On RSS Trafficking Goes Viral
- Nike's Deepika Video Gets Rural India's YouTube Reply
- Nita Ambani's Y-Security Cover Gets Her on Twitter Trend
- Celeb-Laden FB Pellet Shot for Celeb-Loving India
- As If Donald Trump Wasn't Enough!
- Daily Curator: Why Cockroach Milk Is Good For You
- Army Takes Possession of Adarsh Building
- Angul SP Injured in Clash Between BJD, BJP in Odisha
- Terrorists Like Burhan Wani Don't Deserve Second Chance: Deputy CM
- West Indies Reach 88 for 4 at Lunch vs India on Day 1
- 16 Killed in Texas Hot Air Balloon Crash
- Court Convicts Film Director Farooqui of Raping US Researcher
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED