AAP West Bengal Unit Joins BJP
Following the spectacular rise of the BJP in the state, the entire West Bengal unit of AAP today merged with it, while a senior Congress leader was likely to do so in the coming days.
"The entire state unit of the Aam Admi Party decided to merge with the BJP as they want to join the fight against Trinamool Congress," state BJP president Rahul Sinha said.
AAP leader Amit Kumar said BJP was the only platform in the state to fight for the people's cause.
"Senior Congress leader Pradip Ghosh has also decided to BJP within the next few days," Sinha said.
Ghosh confirmed that he was joining the BJP within the next few days.
Ghosh, a former president of Central Congress Committee, was upset over state Congress president Adhir Chowdhury deciding to disband all party committees after its debacle in the Lok Sabha polls.
Ghosh's move would be a jolt to the state Congress which was faced with an exodus of party workers to the Trinamool.
"Various leaders from other parties including Left parties are in touch with us. Let's see what happens in days to come," said Sinha.
Sinha also criticised the state government over its inaction in reopening the Hindustan Motor car plant.
"Several members of ruling party and the management are involved in in the closure," he said.
He alleged that huge tracts of land owned by the company were sold in connivance with a section of ruling party leaders.
"We condemn this. We want the state government to begin tripartite talks so that this unit is opened as early as possible," Sinha added.
- Major Who Tied Civilian To Army Jeep, Awarded
- Indian Cabbie Abused And Assaulted In Australia
- Rawal Wants Arundhati Roy Tied To Army Jeep Instead Of Stone-Pelters
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- What Exactly Is The Govt Celebrating? Rahul Questions 'Modi's Three Year' Festivities
- IT Dept Raids 22 Locations In Benami Land Deal Case Linked To Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Mamata Banerjee Discusses Joint Candidate for President Polls with Sonia Gandhi
- Petrol Price Cut By Rs 2.16 per Litre, Diesel By Rs 2.10