AAP Should Heed Remarks of 'Bhishma Pitamah' Bhushan: Ilmi
Reacting to the remarks of AAP patron Shanti Bhushan on Arvind Kejriwal lacking organisational ability, former AAP leader Shazia Ilmi today said that the party should take his views seriously.
"The remarks of Shanti Bhushan, who is like the Bhishma Pitamah of AAP, must be taken very seriously by the party and it is very serious concern what he spoke out in the public," Ilmi said.
In a sharp attack, Bhushan had yesterday said, "Arvind (Kejriwal) is a great leader and a great campaigner, but in my opinion he lacks organisational ability."
The former AAP leader said that internal democracy should prevail within the party.
"I am talking about party's internal democracy, transparency, different points of view and allow other people to be part of decision making. This is a very serious concern first raised by me and now the mentor of the party."
"Matters concerning the party should be within the party. I am sure that Shanti Bhushan Ji, whom we all respect a lot, will be trying to raise them (issues) in the party," Ilmi said.
Speaking on the controversy that was created following Bhushan's remarks, senior AAP leader Ashutosh Srivastava said that we should not raise questions on Kejriwal's organisational ability.
"In democracy, everybody has a right to speak up. Arvind Kejriwal was the brain child of anti-corruption moment and within one and a half years of its formation, Aam Aadmi Party got 28 seats under his leadership. He is the man who created Anna's moment and Aam Aadmi Party. So why this questions are being raised now," Ashutosh said.
- Mumbai Is The Richest Indian City With Total Wealth Of USD 820 Billion
- Paytm Offers To Hire Employees Sacked By Rival Companies
- Kim Killing Suspect Thought She Was In A 'Comedy Video'
- Modi To Face Love Challenge In 2019
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- DU Professor Injured in Violence Hospitalised
- Fire Breaks Out At The Times Of India Building In New Delhi
- Kerala CM Retracts His Remark Denying Conspiracy in Assault on Actress
- Trump to Skip White House Correspondents' Dinner Amidst Tiff With Media
- Pakistan Rangers Kill 4, Detain Over 600 Terror Suspects In 200 Search Operations
- Maharashtra: Nearly 350 Students In Custody,18 Others Arrested After Army Recruitment Board Papers Leaked
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Rahul Gandhi Says He Has Information Of PM Modi's Personal Corruption
- Over 400 Academicians From International Varsities Write Open Letter To JNU Vice Chancellor Over Recent Events
- Demonetisation Advisers Need Elementary Course In Economics Says Chidambaram
- 52 Killed, Over 100 Injured in Sufi Shrine Blast in Pak's Balochistan