AAP Should Heed Remarks of 'Bhishma Pitamah' Bhushan: Ilmi
Reacting to the remarks of AAP patron Shanti Bhushan on Arvind Kejriwal lacking organisational ability, former AAP leader Shazia Ilmi today said that the party should take his views seriously.
"The remarks of Shanti Bhushan, who is like the Bhishma Pitamah of AAP, must be taken very seriously by the party and it is very serious concern what he spoke out in the public," Ilmi said.
In a sharp attack, Bhushan had yesterday said, "Arvind (Kejriwal) is a great leader and a great campaigner, but in my opinion he lacks organisational ability."
The former AAP leader said that internal democracy should prevail within the party.
"I am talking about party's internal democracy, transparency, different points of view and allow other people to be part of decision making. This is a very serious concern first raised by me and now the mentor of the party."
"Matters concerning the party should be within the party. I am sure that Shanti Bhushan Ji, whom we all respect a lot, will be trying to raise them (issues) in the party," Ilmi said.
Speaking on the controversy that was created following Bhushan's remarks, senior AAP leader Ashutosh Srivastava said that we should not raise questions on Kejriwal's organisational ability.
"In democracy, everybody has a right to speak up. Arvind Kejriwal was the brain child of anti-corruption moment and within one and a half years of its formation, Aam Aadmi Party got 28 seats under his leadership. He is the man who created Anna's moment and Aam Aadmi Party. So why this questions are being raised now," Ashutosh said.
- Centre Applauds Army's Attack On Pakistan Posts
- ISIS Claims Responsibility For Manchester Blast That Killed 22
- James Bond Actor Roger Moore Dies At 89
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- 1984 Riots: Congress Leader Jagdish Tytler Refuses To Undergo Polygraph Test
- Bomb Scare Delays Movie Screening At Cannes
- Indian Railways' First Ever High-Speed Luxurious Train, Tejas Express, To Be Flagged Off Today
- Allegations Prove Others Are Scared of AAP's Anti-Corruption Campaign: Kejriwal
- What Exactly Is The Govt Celebrating? Rahul Questions 'Modi's Three Year' Festivities
- IT Dept Raids 22 Locations In Benami Land Deal Case Linked To Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Mamata Banerjee Discusses Joint Candidate for President Polls with Sonia Gandhi
- Petrol Price Cut By Rs 2.16 per Litre, Diesel By Rs 2.10