AAP Govt to Give Rs 1 Crore Compensation to Family of Slain Delhi Police ASI
The Delhi government today cleared a proposal to give Rs 1 crore compensation to the family of slain Delhi Police assistant sub-inspector Vijay Singh.
Singh was shot dead by unidentified men in outer Delhi's Mianwali Nagar on April 30 when he was guarding an alleged criminal as per a court's directive.
Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal approved the compensation. Family members of Singh met the CM at his official residence in the morning.
The file pertaining to the compensation will now be forwarded to the finance department which will further forward it to the Lt Governor who is the final authority in these matters.
Earlier, LG Anil Baijal had turned down the AAP government's decision to give Rs 1 crore compensation to the family of ex-serviceman Ram Kishen Grewal who had committed suicide over the OROP issue last year.
As per the existing scheme of the Delhi govenrment, ex- gratia payment is made in cases of defence, paramilitary forces, the Delhi Police, Home Guard, Civil Defence, Delhi Fire Service personnel dying in discharge of bonafide official duty.
Baijal had said Grewal's case does not qualify the parameters.
- Burhan Wani's Successor Sabzar Bhat, Killed
- After Rahul, Akhilesh Denied Entry To Saharanpur
- WHO Confirms First Zika Cases From Ahmedabad
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- What Exactly Is The Govt Celebrating? Rahul Questions 'Modi's Three Year' Festivities
- IT Dept Raids 22 Locations In Benami Land Deal Case Linked To Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Mamata Banerjee Discusses Joint Candidate for President Polls with Sonia Gandhi
- Petrol Price Cut By Rs 2.16 per Litre, Diesel By Rs 2.10