AAP Campaign for Dissolution of Assembly Now Hits Delhi Metro
Designed to exert pressure on the BJP-led central government to take a decision on dissolving the Delhi Assembly, Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) is now taking its signature campaign on the issue to the Metro stations here.
AAP has been going door-to-door in the 70 Assembly constituencies in the national capital, collecting signatures and taking people's views on whether they want the Assembly to be dissolved to pave the way for fresh elections.
"The party has now decided to take the signature campaign forward and approach people outside Metro stations.
"AAP volunteers have stepped up their door-to-door campaign and, apart from getting signatures, they are engaging with the public and answering their queries on various issues," said a party spokesperson.
The signature campaign is part of the party's effort to connect with voters after its drubbing in the recent Lok Sabha elections, when it drew a blank in Delhi.
Party workers are said to have pointed out that one of the reasons for its poor showing was its failure to connect with the voters the way it had ahead of the Delhi Assembly polls in December of last year.
Delhi is under President's rule after Arvind Kejriwal tendered his resignation from the chief minister's post in February this year following 49-days of the Congress-supported AAP government.
- K.P.S. Gill, Who Killed Terrorism In Punjab, Dies
- Yeddyurappa Will Be BJP's CM Face In Karnataka: Shah
- Modi Govt Should Rethink NITI Aayog Existence: RSS trade union
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Rajamouli's 'Baahubali 2' to release in China
- Angry Over Amit Shah's Comment, Telangana CM Says No Final Decision On Supporting BJP For President Post
- Indian Woman Uzma, Who Was Forced to Marry Pakistani Man, Returns Home, Swaraj Calls Her 'India's Daughter'
- Malayali Man Brings His Pakistani Lover And Her Parents to India With Fake Docs, All Detained in Bengaluru
- What Exactly Is The Govt Celebrating? Rahul Questions 'Modi's Three Year' Festivities
- IT Dept Raids 22 Locations In Benami Land Deal Case Linked To Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Mamata Banerjee Discusses Joint Candidate for President Polls with Sonia Gandhi
- Petrol Price Cut By Rs 2.16 per Litre, Diesel By Rs 2.10