AAP Campaign for Dissolution of Assembly Now Hits Delhi Metro
Designed to exert pressure on the BJP-led central government to take a decision on dissolving the Delhi Assembly, Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) is now taking its signature campaign on the issue to the Metro stations here.
AAP has been going door-to-door in the 70 Assembly constituencies in the national capital, collecting signatures and taking people's views on whether they want the Assembly to be dissolved to pave the way for fresh elections.
"The party has now decided to take the signature campaign forward and approach people outside Metro stations.
"AAP volunteers have stepped up their door-to-door campaign and, apart from getting signatures, they are engaging with the public and answering their queries on various issues," said a party spokesperson.
The signature campaign is part of the party's effort to connect with voters after its drubbing in the recent Lok Sabha elections, when it drew a blank in Delhi.
Party workers are said to have pointed out that one of the reasons for its poor showing was its failure to connect with the voters the way it had ahead of the Delhi Assembly polls in December of last year.
Delhi is under President's rule after Arvind Kejriwal tendered his resignation from the chief minister's post in February this year following 49-days of the Congress-supported AAP government.
- Pak Will Give Befitting Response to Any Misadventure: Raheel
- Shahabuddin Surrenders, Says CM Will be 'Taught a Lesson'
- Sri Lanka Becomes Fifth Nation to Pull Out of SAARC
- SC Cancels RJD Leader Shahabuddin's Bail, Sends Him Back to Jail
- Surgical Strikes by India in PoK an Act of Self Defence: Afghanistan
- Bihar Liquor Prohibition Law Illegal, Rules Patna High Court
- Denzel Washington's 'FENCES' Trailer Promises Oscar Contenders
- Roasted For Being Dark, Parched Actor Tannishtha Chatterjee Gets Apology
- Karachi's Stand-Up Comedian Has His Reasons Why India And Pakistan Should Not Go To War
- Prabhu Deva Does A Gandi Baat Jig With Father
- Highlights From The First US Presidential Debate
- List Of People Who Have Been At The Receiving End Of A Shoe
- Will Tell India What Is Real Surgical Strike: Saeed
- Telcos Meet TRAI, Allege Tariff Order Violation by RJio
- Surgical Strike: South Korea Supports India's Stance
- Court Issues NBW Against Dawood Ibrahim, Chhota Shakeel
- 10 Killed, 29 Missing in Typhoon Megi in China
- Philippine Prez Duterte 'Happy to Slaughter' Drug Suspects, Mentions Hitler
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED