Aamir's 'PK' Bare-All Poster Turns out to Be a Copy
Superstar Aamir Khan's nude poster for his upcoming film PK invited shock, amusement and even a case, but online buzz suggests it is inspired by a Portuguese musician's cover art in 1973.
The old poster, which the musician Quim Barreiros apparently used for his album promotions, shows a man posing nude holding an accordion to hide his modesty, bearing resemblance to the PK teaser where Aamir is seen naked with a tape-recorder.
The film's poster evoked all kind of reaction including a case against the 49-year-old star for propagating obscenity. But this is not the first time that the poster of an Aamir's film has been called a copycat.
His last superhit action venture Dhoom 3's poster was said to be inspired from Christopher Nolan's The Dark Knight.
The popular first look of Dhoom 3, which saw Aamir looking out of a large window, seemed similar to Nolan's movie, where Christian Bale's Batman was seen striking the same pose.
The poster of movies like Ra.One, Ram Leela and Anjaana Anjaani were noted for their resemblance to Hollywood posters.
- DMK Objects to Jayalalithaa's Portraits
- 'I Am Not Scared Of ABVP', DU Student And Kargil Martyr's Daughter's Facebook Post Goes Viral Sends Strong Message To ABVP
- 'Delhi Police Has Become Agent of BJP'
- Modi To Face Love Challenge In 2019
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- Censor Board Responsible for Preserving India's Culture: Pahlaj Nihalani
- Ramjas Violence: College Forms Panel to Probe Students' Role
- 'Rs 10 Lakh Each Paid To 141 Families Of Manual Scavengers': TN Govt Tells Madras HC
- China's Bad Loans In 2016 Came Up To A Whopping USD 220 Billion
- Donkeys, Pigeons And Even Kasab: Morsels Of Madness From Uttar Pradesh
- DCW Orders Probe into Alleged Attacks on Women by Cops at DU
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Boys In MP Forced To Dip Hands In Boiling Oil As 'Innocence Test', To Prove They Hadn't Stolen Mobile
- Hafiz Saeed Can Pose A Serious Threat To Nation, Says Pakistan's Defence Minister
- 5 Killed As Aircraft Smashes Into Melbourne Shopping Complex
- Nestle Sales Was Hit By Rs 100 Crore Post Demonetisation, Says Company Chairman