A Week After Floods, 71,178 People Still Marooned in Odisha
A week after floods caused by the Mahanadi river system, 71,178 persons remained marooned in 62 villages, even as the toll mounted to 47, official sources said.
Of the 71,178 persons still marooned, 67,263 belong to Puri where flood water inundated 59 villages, Deputy Relief Commissioner Prabhat Mohapatra said.
The toll in the recent floods mounted to 47 with one more death being confirmed in Puri district, he said, adding 45,953 houses had been damaged in the flood.
Meanwhile, though the water level in most of the rivers were receding, rivers like Subarnarekha and Budhabalang in northern region were swollen.
The flood water of Subarnarekha and Budhabalang inundated some villages in Baliapal and Bhigrai blocks in Balasore district.
Meanwhile, a report from agriculture department said 12 of the 30 districts in the state have received above 19 per cent rainfall, while the downpour was normal in 17 districts. There was deficit rainfall in Malkangiri district in the southern region.
- Stone-Pelters Should Fire Weapons, Then I Could Do What I Want: Rawat
- Impose Governor's Rule If J&K Is To Be Saved: Farooq Abdullah
- Narada Journalists Threaten Hunger Strike Over Dues
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- What Exactly Is The Govt Celebrating? Rahul Questions 'Modi's Three Year' Festivities
- IT Dept Raids 22 Locations In Benami Land Deal Case Linked To Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Mamata Banerjee Discusses Joint Candidate for President Polls with Sonia Gandhi
- Petrol Price Cut By Rs 2.16 per Litre, Diesel By Rs 2.10