91 DSPs Transferred in Punjab
In a major police reshuffle at the middle level rank police officers, the Punjab government today transferred 91 Deputy Superintendent of Police (DSPs) in the state.
The transferred DSPs have been asked to join their new places of postings with immediate effect, an official spokesman said.
Majority of transferred DSPs are of the Punjab Police Service (PPS) cadre, the spokesman said.
Bal Krishan Singla, DSP Ludhiana will take over as Assistant Commissioner of Police (ACP-South) Amritsar.
Amandeep Singh Brar, DSP seventh battalion Punjab Armed Police (PAP) at Jalandhar has been posted as ACP-West Amritsar.
Harkamal Kaur, DSP third Indian Reserve Battalion(IRB), Ludhiana will be the ACP-Headquarters at Amritsar.
- Pak Violates Ceasefire Twice in Kathua, Rajouri, Jawan Injured
- Twin Raids in Northern Iraq by Suicide Bombers, 16 Killed
- Don't Release Funds to State Till They Implement Lodha Panel Recommendations: SC Tells BCCI
- Govt Assures Prompt Action on ATM Card Data Breach
- Trump's National Political Director 'Steps Back' From Campaign
- Five Naval Men Held for Attacking Youth in Goa
- Watch: The Trailer of Hugh Jackman's Last Wolverine Film, Logan
- Daily Curator: It's All About The Family
- Daily Curator: All That Chest Thumping Can Accomplish
- This 'Chaiwala' From Pakistan First Broke The Internet; Now He Has A Modelling Contract
- Daily Curator: How To Burn A Hole In Your Food Pipe And Other Stories
- Watch: Jack Reacher-Never Go Back Trailer
- BJP Demands NIA Probe Into Killings of RSS, Party Activists
- Akhilesh Skips Meet Where Shivpal Declares Him CM Nominee
- Modi Govt Trying to Impose Uniform Civil Code: Imam
- Security Beefed Up Around Raisina Hill in Anticipation of JNU Students' Protest
- Head of Militant Group Behind Dhaka Cafe Attack Killed: Police
- Films, TV Potent Means to Improve Indo-Pak Ties: Digvijay
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Notice to Katju on Petition Against His Blog Post on Beef
- Following Rajnath Singh's Orders, Delhi Police Forms SIT to Trace Missing JNU Student
- Discriminatory Practises Cannot Be Held Integral to Freedom of Religion: Law Minister on Triple Talaq
- Congress' Rita Bahuguna Joins BJP, Hits Out at Rahul for 'Khoon Ki Dalali'