90 Days Paid Leave For Woman Victims of Sexual Harassment
The women central government employees, who have filed complaint of sexual harassment at the work place, will get 90 days paid leave during the pendency of the inquiry.
The Department of Personnel and Training (DoPT) has recently amended the service rules in this regard.
Special leave up to a period of 90 days may be granted to an aggrieved woman government servant during the pendency of inquiry under the Sexual Harassment of Women at Workplace (Prevention, Prohibition and Redressal) Act, 2013, the new rules said.
The leave granted to the aggrieved woman employee "shall not be debited against the leave account", it said.
These leaves will be in addition to those already given to the central government employees.
The special leaves in this case will be given on the recommendation of the internal committee or the local committee, formed to look into such charges, the rules said.
The DoPT has issued Central Civil Services (Leave) Amendment Rules, 2017 to allow the new provision.
The move comes as there have been complaints of accused trying to influence or threaten victims of sexual harassment in a few cases.
- Dhinakaran Brought To Chennai
- Shrikant Purohit Moves SC Against Order Rejecting Bail
- I'm Innocent : Sadhvi Pragya
- I Accept The Challenge Of Those Who Challenge Me. We'll Capture Delhi, Says Mamata Banerjee
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- R R Bhatnagar Takes Charge As New CRPF DG
- Trump Fares Poorly Among Young Americans, Scores 27 Per Cent in Race Relations
- Enforcement Directorate Registers Case Under Money Laundering Act In Narada Sting Involving TMC Leaders
- Bangladesh Girl Born With 3 Legs Can Walk, Run After Surgery In Australia
- Alleged Hawala Operator Arrested In EC Bribery Case
- Army Camp Attack: Restrictions Imposed in Parts of Kashmir
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Groom Refuses To Marry After Seeing Only Vegetarian Dishes Being Served At Wedding
- UP Govt Cancels 15 Public Holidays Marking Birth/ Death Anniversaries in One Stroke
- NDS and RAW Provided Funds to Taliban, Claims Former Spokesman
- AAP MLA Summoned by Court For Giving False Information to EC During 2015 Delhi Assembly Polls
- Prepare for 'Movement' If Exit Poll Results Come True, Says Kejriwal
- Sukhma Naxal Ambush Is An Act Of Cowardice, Says HRD Minister Prakash Javadekar
- Naxals Using Tribals As Human Shield, Govt to Review Anti-Naxal Strategy: Rajnath Singh
- 'Hafiz Saeed Not A Terrorist,' Pervez Musharraf Denies His Involvement in Mumbai Attacks