88 Students Taken Ill for Suspected Food Poisoning
At least 88 students of a government-run residential school were taken ill for suspected food poisoning in Koraput district, an official said today.
After preliminary treatment at Ramagiri hospital, around 30 children of the Kandulbeda Sevashram (residential school for SC and ST students), were shifted to Boipariguda and two referred to the sub-divisional hospital at Jeypore, District Welfare Officer (Koraput) Jagannath Soren, who visited the school yesterday, said.
"At present, the students are out of danger," he said. Students of the Kandulbeda Sevashram, about 80 km from here, under Boipariguda block complained of vomiting after dinner on Sunday.
"Of the 250 students residing in the hostel, 88 had taken dinner in the first batch and all of them complained of vomiting and uneasiness," Kartik Sisa, one of the affected students, said.
With classes I to X, the school has a strength of 350, including 100 girls.
Officials suspect it to be a case of food poisoning and samples have been collected for laboratory tests. "During inquiry it was found that stale food was not served to the students," Soren said.
Official sources said instructions have been issued to the sevashram authorities to prepare food in most hygienic condition and staff members should first taste the food before it is served to students.
- CBI Court Grants Bail to Advani, Joshi And Uma Bharti
- Rai To Meet Kohli, Kumble To Resolve Issues Around Coach's Appointment
- Bilkis Bano Rape Case: SC Refuses to Hear Plea of Convicted IPS Officer Bhagora
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- What Exactly Is The Govt Celebrating? Rahul Questions 'Modi's Three Year' Festivities
- IT Dept Raids 22 Locations In Benami Land Deal Case Linked To Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Mamata Banerjee Discusses Joint Candidate for President Polls with Sonia Gandhi
- Petrol Price Cut By Rs 2.16 per Litre, Diesel By Rs 2.10