88 Students Taken Ill for Suspected Food Poisoning
At least 88 students of a government-run residential school were taken ill for suspected food poisoning in Koraput district, an official said today.
After preliminary treatment at Ramagiri hospital, around 30 children of the Kandulbeda Sevashram (residential school for SC and ST students), were shifted to Boipariguda and two referred to the sub-divisional hospital at Jeypore, District Welfare Officer (Koraput) Jagannath Soren, who visited the school yesterday, said.
"At present, the students are out of danger," he said. Students of the Kandulbeda Sevashram, about 80 km from here, under Boipariguda block complained of vomiting after dinner on Sunday.
"Of the 250 students residing in the hostel, 88 had taken dinner in the first batch and all of them complained of vomiting and uneasiness," Kartik Sisa, one of the affected students, said.
With classes I to X, the school has a strength of 350, including 100 girls.
Officials suspect it to be a case of food poisoning and samples have been collected for laboratory tests. "During inquiry it was found that stale food was not served to the students," Soren said.
Official sources said instructions have been issued to the sevashram authorities to prepare food in most hygienic condition and staff members should first taste the food before it is served to students.
- Open the Dam Shutters, SC Asks Karnataka to Release 6000 Cusecs of Water to TN
- After Indus Water Treaty, India Will Now Review the Most Favoured Nation Status Given to Pak
- Corruption Accused Ex-Corporate Affairs DG Bansal Commits Suicide Along With Son
- Clinton Puts Trump on Defensive in Fiery First Presidential Debate
- USA: Nine Injured in Shooting at Strip Mall in Houston
- Abandon 'Dream' of Obtaining Kashmir: Swaraj to Pakistan
- Highlights From The First US Presidential Debate
- List Of People Who Have Been At The Receiving End Of A Shoe
- Watch: A Poacher's Court Tries To Save Elephants And Rhinos In Africa
- US Bans Many Soaps With Harmful Chemicals, Indians Too at Health Risk
- 6-Year-Old Boy Wonder Cooks Kerala's Puttu for US Audience on Ellen Show
- Bound By Chain Great Dane Starved To Death
- Yashvardhan Sinha Appointed India's High Commissioner to UK
- BSF Orders More Non-Lethal Weapons for Use at Bangladesh Border
- Pathankot on High Alert, Search Operation Launched
- Curfew Relaxed for Six Hours in Kishtwar District of J&K
- India Confronts Pak Envoy With Proof of Uri Attack's Cross Border Origins
- Pakistani Actors Should Condemn Uri Attack: Anupam Kher
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED