8 Injured in Blast at NTPC Plant
Eight persons, including two engineers, sustained burn injuries in a blast this evening in a pipeline at one of the units of an NTPC plant in Korba district of Chhattisgarh, police said.
The incident occurred at around 9 P.M. At Unit No.7 of the National Thermal Power Corporation (NTPC) plant when labourers and engineers were at work there, a senior police official told PTI.
The cause behind the blast is yet to be ascertained, he said, adding that a probe has been opened into the incident.
Six workers and two engineers received burn injuries in the mishap, he said.
The victims were rushed to a local hospital from where they have been shifted to Apollo Hospital in Bilaspur district, he added.
FROM WIRESThe government said private players would have tomore from WIRES>>>
- Pak Balochistan Province Assembly Resolution Condemns Modi
- PM's Fresh Bid on Kashmir: Talks of 'Ekta' And 'Mamata'
- JNU Rape Case: Varsity Suspends Accused Scholar
- Curfew in Some Parts of Srinagar, Two Towns in South Kashmir
- Trump Vows to Begin Deportations Immediately If Sworn In
- Pak: LeJ Terrorists Involved in Lanka Cricket Team Attack Killed
- Myntra Says It Wasn't Us But #BoycottMyntra Trends
- Javadekar Becomes Toast Of Twitter On Freedom Fighter Comment
- Manish Sisodia Sacks Hospital Employee For Watching Video While On Duty
- Daily Curator: Vijay Goel's Olympic Entourage Likened to 'Bullies'
- Daily Curator: Expectant Mothers To Now Get More Paid Leave
- The Torrent Phoenix Rises Again
- Wet Outfield Denies India Chance to Level Series
- Delhi: 15-Year-Old Beaten to Death by Three Classmates, Says Police
- Scorpene Leak: DCNS Moves Aussie Court for Injunction Against The Australian
- Vadra, BJP MLA Engage in Verbal Spat Over Shaktiman
- Merkel Rejects Muslim Migrant Ban, Urges Fair Distribution
- Minor Raped by Juvenile Neighbour in Delhi
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED