8 Injured in Blast at NTPC Plant
Eight persons, including two engineers, sustained burn injuries in a blast this evening in a pipeline at one of the units of an NTPC plant in Korba district of Chhattisgarh, police said.
The incident occurred at around 9 P.M. At Unit No.7 of the National Thermal Power Corporation (NTPC) plant when labourers and engineers were at work there, a senior police official told PTI.
The cause behind the blast is yet to be ascertained, he said, adding that a probe has been opened into the incident.
Six workers and two engineers received burn injuries in the mishap, he said.
The victims were rushed to a local hospital from where they have been shifted to Apollo Hospital in Bilaspur district, he added.
- Pakistan: 149 Dead, 117 Injured After Oil Tanker Catches Fire
- 7 Killed As Cable Car Plummets In Gulmarg
- 'Black Night' Can't Be Forgotten: Modi On Emergency
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Pak's BAT Team Carried Headband Camera, Dagger to Mutilate, Record Attack on Indian Army
- India Cannot Progress Without Hindi, Says Union Minister Naidu
- More Garbage Than Land For People In Delhi, Says High Court
- Army Jawan's Father Hides News Of Son’s Death So That Grandson Could Celebrate B’day