8 Injured in Blast at NTPC Plant
Eight persons, including two engineers, sustained burn injuries in a blast this evening in a pipeline at one of the units of an NTPC plant in Korba district of Chhattisgarh, police said.
The incident occurred at around 9 P.M. At Unit No.7 of the National Thermal Power Corporation (NTPC) plant when labourers and engineers were at work there, a senior police official told PTI.
The cause behind the blast is yet to be ascertained, he said, adding that a probe has been opened into the incident.
Six workers and two engineers received burn injuries in the mishap, he said.
The victims were rushed to a local hospital from where they have been shifted to Apollo Hospital in Bilaspur district, he added.
- Aziz Says 'Insufficient Evidence' On Indian Spy, Pak Denies
- Triple Talaq 'Cruel' And 'Most Demeaning', Says Allahabad HC
- Stranded Tourists On Andaman & Nicobar Islands Safe: Rajnath Singh
- 'Devil Of The Year': How Twitter Is Reacting To Latest TIME Magazine Cover
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- Modi Is Now Seen As Messiah Of Poor And Honest: BJP
- Old Notes Invalid For Rail, Metro, Bus Tickets From Dec 10
- India To Become 'Major Defence Partner' Of US
- Churning On In AIADMK Over Who Will Step Into Amma's Shoes
- Demonetisation Is An 'Effective Step' In Curbing Corruption, Says Arvind Panagaria
- PM Singularly Responsible For Economic Mess: CPI(M)
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED