6 Injured in Clash Between Two Communities
At least six persons, including a child, were injured in a clash between two communities over cattle breeding at Baheri town here, police said today.
Members of two communities clashed and resorted to stone pelting last night in Shernagar locality after a dispute over breeding of cattle took place, Additional Superintendent of Police (rural) Brijesh Srivastava said.
He said that it was being alleged that members of one community attacked a locality and indulged into stone pelting.
On receiving information about the clash, senior officers rushed to the spot and PAC and police teams have been deployed in the area, the ASP said.
He also said that BJP MLA Chattrapal Gangawar reached the police station along with his supporters last night and demanded action against those involved. Gangwar gave a written complaint in which he has named 21 persons.
Meanwhile, members of the other community claimed that there was no stone pelting and a false case was being created against them, Sub Divisional Magistrate Rameshwar Nath Tiwari said.
He said that those disturbing peace in the town would not be spared and a close watch was being maintained.
- Former Punjab DGP K.P.S. Gill Dies At 82
- Wreckage Of Missing Sukhoi Fighter Jet Found
- Modi Govt Should Rethink NITI Aayog Existence: RSS trade union
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Rajamouli's 'Baahubali 2' to release in China
- Angry Over Amit Shah's Comment, Telangana CM Says No Final Decision On Supporting BJP For President Post
- Indian Woman Uzma, Who Was Forced to Marry Pakistani Man, Returns Home, Swaraj Calls Her 'India's Daughter'
- Malayali Man Brings His Pakistani Lover And Her Parents to India With Fake Docs, All Detained in Bengaluru
- What Exactly Is The Govt Celebrating? Rahul Questions 'Modi's Three Year' Festivities
- IT Dept Raids 22 Locations In Benami Land Deal Case Linked To Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Mamata Banerjee Discusses Joint Candidate for President Polls with Sonia Gandhi
- Petrol Price Cut By Rs 2.16 per Litre, Diesel By Rs 2.10