6 Injured in Clash Between Two Communities
At least six persons, including a child, were injured in a clash between two communities over cattle breeding at Baheri town here, police said today.
Members of two communities clashed and resorted to stone pelting last night in Shernagar locality after a dispute over breeding of cattle took place, Additional Superintendent of Police (rural) Brijesh Srivastava said.
He said that it was being alleged that members of one community attacked a locality and indulged into stone pelting.
On receiving information about the clash, senior officers rushed to the spot and PAC and police teams have been deployed in the area, the ASP said.
He also said that BJP MLA Chattrapal Gangawar reached the police station along with his supporters last night and demanded action against those involved. Gangwar gave a written complaint in which he has named 21 persons.
Meanwhile, members of the other community claimed that there was no stone pelting and a false case was being created against them, Sub Divisional Magistrate Rameshwar Nath Tiwari said.
He said that those disturbing peace in the town would not be spared and a close watch was being maintained.
- No Explanation, No Opportunity to Defend Myself, Says Mistry in an Explosive Mail to Board Members
- Modi-Key Talks: NZ Assures 'Constructive' Approach on NSG Bid
- Akhilesh Briefs Governor Ram Naik on Political Situation in UP
- Former Karnataka CM B.S. Yeddyurappa Acquitted of Corruption Charges
- Manipuri Student's Body Found in JNU Hostel Room
- Paul Beatty Becomes the First American to Win Booker Prize
- Neeraj Pandey's Ouch Takes on the Complexities of a Relationship
- Watch: Svetlana Kuznetsova Snips Her Hair And Bosses The Match
- Daily Curator: After Board Says Tata to Cyrus, Bombay HC May Have a Case to Hear
- Should You Be Worried About H5N8 Bird Flu? A Quick Guide To The Alphabet Soup
- Watch: The Trailer of Hugh Jackman's Last Wolverine Film, Logan
- Daily Curator: It's All About The Family
- Police Registers Assault Case Against AAP MLA Amantullah Khan
- PM Asks Officials to Analyze World Bank Report Which Ranked India 130th
- Cabinet May Consider Advancing Budget to Feb 1
- UNESCO Approves Resolution on Jerusalem That Israel Says Denies Judaism's Ties to Temple Mount
- 26/11: India Not Responding to Pak Request to Send Witnesses, Says Prosecution
- Pak Lawmakers Slam Cricketers for Doing Push-Ups After Match Win Instead of Praying
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED