6 Injured in Clash Between Two Communities
At least six persons, including a child, were injured in a clash between two communities over cattle breeding at Baheri town here, police said today.
Members of two communities clashed and resorted to stone pelting last night in Shernagar locality after a dispute over breeding of cattle took place, Additional Superintendent of Police (rural) Brijesh Srivastava said.
He said that it was being alleged that members of one community attacked a locality and indulged into stone pelting.
On receiving information about the clash, senior officers rushed to the spot and PAC and police teams have been deployed in the area, the ASP said.
He also said that BJP MLA Chattrapal Gangawar reached the police station along with his supporters last night and demanded action against those involved. Gangwar gave a written complaint in which he has named 21 persons.
Meanwhile, members of the other community claimed that there was no stone pelting and a false case was being created against them, Sub Divisional Magistrate Rameshwar Nath Tiwari said.
He said that those disturbing peace in the town would not be spared and a close watch was being maintained.
- NADA Concludes Hearing, Decision on Narsingh's Fate Deferred
- FM Hits Back at Rahul, Says NDA Has Brought Down Inflation
- Eminent Writer Mahasweta Devi Dies at 90
- Rajnath to Raise Pak-Sponsored Terror, No Bilateral With Pak Counterpart
- Assam: Flood Situation Grim, Sonowal Visits Majuli Island
- Obama Passes Baton to Clinton, Says No One More Qualified
- Nike's Deepika Video Gets Rural India's YouTube Reply
- Nita Ambani's Y-Security Cover Gets Her on Twitter Trend
- Celeb-Laden FB Pellet Shot for Celeb-Loving India
- As If Donald Trump Wasn't Enough!
- Daily Curator: Why Cockroach Milk Is Good For You
- Daily Curator: Emergency For Media In Kashmir
- Malpractices in Vyapam: SC Bench Seeks Clarification in Order
- Facing Death Threat From Kejriwal, His Men, Sacked AAP Minister
- India-Bangladesh to Fight Terror Jointly
- Mayawati Ridicules UP Govt for Not Arresting Dayashankar
- PM Extends Support to Bangladesh in Fight Against Terrorism
- Four Killed in Lightning Strike in Bihar, Rivers in Spate in UP
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED