35th Batch of Devotees Leave for Amarnath
Amid tight security, the 35th batch of pilgrims today left for the Amarnath cave shrine in south Kashmir Himalayas from here.
As many as 431 pilgrims, including 289 men, 84 women and 8 children left from the Bhagwati Nagar base camp in Jammu in a cavalcade of 10 vehicles at 4:10 AM, police said.
The convoy has already crossed Peera in district Ramban on Jammu-Srinagar National Highway and would reach their destinations at Baltal and Pahalgam base camps by this evening, they said.
With today's batch, a total of 52,912 pilgrims have so far left from the Jammu base camp for the Amarnath shrine.
- Swaraj Slams Those Who Made Altruistic Surrogacy 'A Fashion'
- World's Largest Aircraft, Airlander 10, Crashes During Second Test Flight in UK
- Powerful Earthquake Hits Myanmar, Bagan Temples Damaged
- Never Blamed RSS as an Institution for Mahatma Gandhi's Killing: Rahul to SC
- Scorpene Data Leak: Indian Navy Probes Matter
- More Than 70 Dead as Pre-Dawn Quake Hits Central Italy
- Javadekar Becomes Toast Of Twitter On Freedom Fighter Comment
- Manish Sisodia Sacks Hospital Employee For Watching Video While On Duty
- Daily Curator: Vijay Goel's Olympic Entourage Likened to 'Bullies'
- Daily Curator: Expectant Mothers To Now Get More Paid Leave
- The Torrent Phoenix Rises Again
- Anil Arora, Mr. Bookworm, R.I.P.
- Maruti Labour Unrest: SC Sets Aside HC Order to Recall Witnesses
- Panel on OROP Not Hearing Individuals: Ex-Serviceman Tells HC
- British-Indian Siblings Forced Off Plane Over 'ISIS Claims'
- Piers Morgan Hits A Soft Spot: Why Didn't India Win A Single Olympic Gold?
- Girl Dies Waiting in Queue at Gurgaon Hospital, Probe Ordered
- Goa Power Minister Involved in Over Rs 300 Cr Scam: Congress
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED