35th Batch of Devotees Leave for Amarnath
Amid tight security, the 35th batch of pilgrims today left for the Amarnath cave shrine in south Kashmir Himalayas from here.
As many as 431 pilgrims, including 289 men, 84 women and 8 children left from the Bhagwati Nagar base camp in Jammu in a cavalcade of 10 vehicles at 4:10 AM, police said.
The convoy has already crossed Peera in district Ramban on Jammu-Srinagar National Highway and would reach their destinations at Baltal and Pahalgam base camps by this evening, they said.
With today's batch, a total of 52,912 pilgrims have so far left from the Jammu base camp for the Amarnath shrine.
- Stone-Pelters Should Fire Weapons, Then I Could Do What I Want: Rawat
- Impose Governor's Rule If J&K Is To Be Saved: Farooq Abdullah
- Narada Journalists Threaten Hunger Strike Over Dues
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- What Exactly Is The Govt Celebrating? Rahul Questions 'Modi's Three Year' Festivities
- IT Dept Raids 22 Locations In Benami Land Deal Case Linked To Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Mamata Banerjee Discusses Joint Candidate for President Polls with Sonia Gandhi
- Petrol Price Cut By Rs 2.16 per Litre, Diesel By Rs 2.10