340 Defence Personnel Killed in Last Three Years: Govt
In the last three years, 340 defence personnel have been killed inside and outside the country, Rajya Sabha was informed today.
Defence Minister Arun Jaitley said 27 Indian Army troops have been killed in ceasefire violations across the Line of Control (LOC) in the last ten years and 523 such violations have taken place in the past three years.
As many as 340 soldiers have been killed inside and outside the country in the last three years, he said answering a written query.
The highest casualty was suffered by the Army as 217 personnel were killed in India and 14 were killed outside the country in UN peacekeeping and other operations.
The Navy also suffered a loss of 89 personnel inside the country while one person lost his life outside.
Answering another query, the Defence Minister said DRDO has not started any project to develop robots who can work like soldiers posted at the border.
"However, DRDO has developed Remotely Operated Vehicle ‘Daksha’, which is an automated mobile platform for multi-purpose payloads. It is an electrically powered state-of-the-art Robot capable of being remotely controlled over a distance of 500 metres line-of-sight and can be utilised continuously for three hours before recharge," he said.
Asked if the Ministry has agreed to hand over the security of Indo-Myanmar border to the BSF, the Minister said, "The Defence Ministry has proposed MHA proposal to assign border guarding responsibility of the Indo-Myanmar border to the BSF subject to certain conditions."
- Tardy Reaction To Molestation Of A Ladkhi Girl Opens Wounds Of Government Apathy To The Region
- No Security Stamps In These 7 Airports Anymore
- Kerala To Launch First Sex Offenders Registry
- Gujarat To Ban Hookah Bars
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- Gujarat Assembly Passes Bill To Impose Complete Ban On Hookah Bars
- Over 61 % Voting in Phase-IV Of UP Assembly Polls
- Vyapam: No CBI Probe Into Madhya Pradesh Pre-Engineering Test
- No Need To Get Security Stamp On Hand Baggages Anymore In These 7 Airports
- Govt Ropes In Shilpa Shetty As Swachh Bharat Brand Ambassador
- Akhilesh Yadav Scared Of Donkeys Of Gujarat, Says PM Modi
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Boys In MP Forced To Dip Hands In Boiling Oil As 'Innocence Test', To Prove They Hadn't Stolen Mobile
- Hafiz Saeed Can Pose A Serious Threat To Nation, Says Pakistan's Defence Minister
- 5 Killed As Aircraft Smashes Into Melbourne Shopping Complex
- Nestle Sales Was Hit By Rs 100 Crore Post Demonetisation, Says Company Chairman