300 Students Fell Ill After Eating Lunch in School in Ganjam
Over 300 school students in Sanakhemundi block of Ganjam district were taken ill after having lunch in the school today, police said.
The sick students were admitted in the local hospital and their condition stated to be good. "Most of the students were discharged after treatment and condition of other students are reportedly good," said Block Development Officer, Sanakhemundi, Abhimanyu Majhi.
Over 300 students belonging to Class 1 to VIII in the Nodal Primary School and Kasturba Gandhi Abasika Balika Vidyalaya at Adapada consumed the rice and egg curry, prepared by a local self help group (SHG) in the school, said head master Surendra Bisoi.
After eating the food, some students felt uneasy and started vomiting, while several others complained about the leaver pain, he said.
"All were treated in the hospital and only 10 students are presently undergoing treatment in the hospital," said the headmaster.
The doctors treating the students suspected they were suffering from food poisoning.
District project officer, Sharva Shikshya Abhiyan (SSA) Sudam Mandal said he had asked the education officers to shift the sick students to MKCG Medical College an Hospital, if any student found critical.
- PM Inaugurates India's Longest Bridge in Assam
- Wreckage Of Missing Sukhoi Fighter Jet Found
- Modi Govt Should Rethink NITI Aayog Existence: RSS trade union
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Rajamouli's 'Baahubali 2' to release in China
- Angry Over Amit Shah's Comment, Telangana CM Says No Final Decision On Supporting BJP For President Post
- Indian Woman Uzma, Who Was Forced to Marry Pakistani Man, Returns Home, Swaraj Calls Her 'India's Daughter'
- Malayali Man Brings His Pakistani Lover And Her Parents to India With Fake Docs, All Detained in Bengaluru
- What Exactly Is The Govt Celebrating? Rahul Questions 'Modi's Three Year' Festivities
- IT Dept Raids 22 Locations In Benami Land Deal Case Linked To Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Mamata Banerjee Discusses Joint Candidate for President Polls with Sonia Gandhi
- Petrol Price Cut By Rs 2.16 per Litre, Diesel By Rs 2.10