2G Scams: CBI Dismisses Reports that Director Met Telecom Cos
CBI today dismissed reports that officials of a telecom company indicted in the 2G scam had met its Director Ranjit Sinha calling it malicious and part of a concerted design to malign the agency.
Referring to a news report titled "Did Anil Dhiru Bhai Ambani Group (ADAG) officials try to influence CBI in 2G case?", the agency said in a statement that the report is "false, baseless and malicious and intended solely to destroy the credibility of the CBI as an institution and reputation of its Director in particular."
"It appears to be part of a concerted design to malign the India’s premier investigating and Prosecuting agency," agency spokespeson Kanchan Prasad said in the statement.
The spokesperson vehemently denied any meetings had taken place between Sinha and the company officials at his residence to influence him in 2G case in any manner whatsoever.
"CBI further denies existence of any such alleged ‘Visitor/Guest Diary’ which purportedly reflects visits of persons at the residence of Director CBI," she said.
The spokesperson also drew the attention of towards the fact that the investigation of 2G cases were completed before the Director assumed office and the same are under trial on day to day basis.
Prashant Bhushan, advocate for an NGO Centre for Public Interest Litigation, sought to rake up the issue in the Supreme Court today. The court asked him to make his submission by way of an affidavit and posted the matter for Thursday.
- Major Who Tied Civilian To Army Jeep, Awarded
- Indian Cabbie Abused And Assaulted In Australia
- Rawal Wants Arundhati Roy Tied To Army Jeep Instead Of Stone-Pelters
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- What Exactly Is The Govt Celebrating? Rahul Questions 'Modi's Three Year' Festivities
- IT Dept Raids 22 Locations In Benami Land Deal Case Linked To Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Mamata Banerjee Discusses Joint Candidate for President Polls with Sonia Gandhi
- Petrol Price Cut By Rs 2.16 per Litre, Diesel By Rs 2.10