24th Ceasefire Violation by Pak in a Month, Hours After Flag Meet
Hours after a flag meeting between BSF and Pak Rangers to defuse tension, Pakistani troops again violated the ceasefire by firing on forward Border Out Posts (BoPs) and civilian areas along the International Border in Jammu's Akhnoor sector.
"There was firing by Pak Rangers on BoPs and civilian areas in Devora forward belt in Pargwal sub-sector of Akhnoor teshil around 2315 hours last night," a police officer said today.
The firing continued till 1145 hours, he said adding there was no loss of life or injury to anyone in the firing. Three to four posts were targeted in the Pakistani firing.
The bullets hit two houses in the village but people escaped unhurt, he said.
The BSF troops retaliated to the Pakistani firing.
Later the Rangers opened small arms and medium machine gun (MMG) fire at three BSF posts in Pargwal sector at 1.50 AM. After some time, the firing stopped, only to resume at 4 AM.
The ceasefire violations by Pak Rangers came barely seven hours after the conclusion of the commandant-level flag meeting at Nikowal Border Out Post (BoP) in Pargwal sub-sector.
However, the borderline in Arnia, R S Pura, Kanachak, Ramgarh, and Gajansoo sub-sectors along IB, which witnessed over 45 days firing, remained clam for the third night without any firing by Pak troops.
"There was no firing in Arnia and R S Pura belt," Sub-Divisional Police Officer (SDPO), R S Pura, Devender Singh said.
This is the 24th ceasefire violation in the month of August. Two villagers have been killed and 17 others including 4 BSF jawans suffered injuries in the ceasefire violations.
Home Minister Rajnath Singh is expected to visit the border ares tomorrow to take stock of the situation at the ground level.
- Encounter In Assam Was Fake, Says Top CRPF Officer
- Nepal Prime Minister Prachanda Resigns
- 'Enemy' Will Remember Pakistan's Response
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- What Exactly Is The Govt Celebrating? Rahul Questions 'Modi's Three Year' Festivities
- IT Dept Raids 22 Locations In Benami Land Deal Case Linked To Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Mamata Banerjee Discusses Joint Candidate for President Polls with Sonia Gandhi
- Petrol Price Cut By Rs 2.16 per Litre, Diesel By Rs 2.10