18 Live Bombs Recovered in Ranchi by NIA
The National Investigation Agency (NIA) today recovered 18 live bombs in Ranchi at the instance of a person detained in connection with the multiple blasts at an election rally in Patna which was addressed by Narendra Modi last year.
After a detailed interrogation of four persons of the Ranchi module, including Hyder Ali alias 'Black Beauty', having association with banned terror groups like SIMI and Indian Mujahideen, NIA identified some more members of this module, official sources said.
The arrest of the four people on May 20 had unravelled a conspiracy by the 'Ranchi module' to target Narendra Modi in October last year when he was addressing a political rally in Patna, NIA had claimed.
Following leads, NIA last night detained two persons identified, as Ifthekar and Feroz Aslam, and at their instance recovered 18 live bombs near Sithio village and detonators and explosives from Hindpirhi in Jharkhand, the sources said.
They said the bombs were similar as used by the 'Ranchi Module' in the October rally of Modi.
NIA had claimed the arrested persons had told their interrogators during questioning that they wanted to target Modi and had also carried out dry runs at five places -- Akbarpur, Kanpur, Varanasi (Uttar Pradesh), Delhi and Patna.
But finding it very difficult in view of Modi's security, they planted bombs at the Patna rally out one of which was placed barely 100 metres from the dais, NIA officials said.
Besides Ali, NIA had arrested Mojibullah, Numan Ansari and a juvenile (whose identity was not disclosed).
Except for Ali, NIA had announced a cash reward of Rs five lakh on the heads of the other three who allegedly planted the bombs during the October 27 rally of Modi.
At least seven people were killed and scores others injured when bombs exploded at a make-shift railway platform and at the rally of Modi.
- CBI Court to Frame Charges Against Advani, Others
- Cyclone Mora Hits B'desh, India On High Alert
- 'Had A Good Interaction,' Says PM Modi After Meeting German Chancellor Merkel
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- What Exactly Is The Govt Celebrating? Rahul Questions 'Modi's Three Year' Festivities
- IT Dept Raids 22 Locations In Benami Land Deal Case Linked To Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Mamata Banerjee Discusses Joint Candidate for President Polls with Sonia Gandhi
- Petrol Price Cut By Rs 2.16 per Litre, Diesel By Rs 2.10