167 MNC Workers Get Bail
Madras High Court on August 22 granted bail to 167 workers of a multinational company, arrested and lodged in prison for staging an agitation against their firm in Kancheepuram, saying they cannot be treated like hardened criminals and such matters cannot be solved by use of police force.
"They cannot be treated as hardened criminals and these matters cannot be solved by use of police force. They did not possess any lethal weapon. Police or public or officials are not their enemies. They have their grievance with their management," Justice P Devadass said while granting them bail.
The judge pulled up labour leaders, saying they must be responsible for this unsavoury incident.
"The workers are dumb, driven cattle. The leaders must be responsive and they must lead the workers on proper path to achieve the object in a democratic way."
The workers had gone on an agitation on August 15, 2014 in connection with certain issues relating to their employment.
While granting bail, the judge directed the workers to furnish their own bail bonds for a sum of Rs 5,000 each to the satisfaction of Superintendent, Central Prison, Vellore and to report before police at Kancheepuram as and when required for questioning.
- DMK Objects to Jayalalithaa's Portraits
- 'I Am Not Scared Of ABVP', DU Student And Kargil Martyr's Daughter's Facebook Post Goes Viral Sends Strong Message To ABVP
- 'Delhi Police Has Become Agent of BJP'
- Modi To Face Love Challenge In 2019
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- Censor Board Responsible for Preserving India's Culture: Pahlaj Nihalani
- Ramjas Violence: College Forms Panel to Probe Students' Role
- 'Rs 10 Lakh Each Paid To 141 Families Of Manual Scavengers': TN Govt Tells Madras HC
- China's Bad Loans In 2016 Came Up To A Whopping USD 220 Billion
- Donkeys, Pigeons And Even Kasab: Morsels Of Madness From Uttar Pradesh
- DCW Orders Probe into Alleged Attacks on Women by Cops at DU
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Rahul Gandhi Says He Has Information Of PM Modi's Personal Corruption
- Over 400 Academicians From International Varsities Write Open Letter To JNU Vice Chancellor Over Recent Events
- Demonetisation Advisers Need Elementary Course In Economics Says Chidambaram
- 52 Killed, Over 100 Injured in Sufi Shrine Blast in Pak's Balochistan