15-Yr-Old Girl Gang-Raped by Students in Assam
A minor girl was allegedly raped in front of her neighbour by a gang of four students, of whom three have been arrested within hours of the crime, a senior police official said today.
The incident took place around 11:45 pm last night when the 15-year-old girl, along with a teenage boy, her next-door neighbour, had gone to Dibrugarh station to board the Brahmaputra Mail, Additional Superintendent of Police (ASP), Dibrugarh, Hiranya Burman said.
The duo were on their way to Panitola station in Tinsukia district, the ASP said.
They were dropped outside the station complex by an auto driver and were walking towards the station when they were intercepted by the four college students, Burman said.
"The boy was thrashed and pinned down by a few while others took turns to rape her", he said.
At around 1:30 AM, a police patrol party found the girl in semi-naked condition on a road near the Dibrugarh railway station.
She was immediately taken to Assam Medical College and Hospital, where the assault was confirmed. She is critical and is being treated there, the ASP said.
Acting swiftly, the police arrested three of the accused at around 3.30 am, while search for the absconding one is on, Burman said.
Those arrested have been identified as Kalyan Dutta and Pranjit Dutta -- both graduation students of Lahowal College, and Karan Gogoi, a Higher Secondary student of Aniruddha Dev College, he said.
The absconding accused has been identified as Raju Gogoi, also a student of Lahowal College.
FROM OUTLOOKCrimeA series of shocking crimes that began the year seal Delhi's reputation as an anti-woman city...more from outlook>>>
FROM THE WEBOpinionWhen I first came to Goa 25-plus years ago, one ofmore from WEB>>>
FROM WIRESA 24-year-old MBA student was kidnapped and allegmore from WIRES>>>
- Congress Derails RS Proceedings Over Private Member Bill on AP
- Supreme Court Allows Abortion of 24-Week Old Foetus
- Two Killed, 17 Injured in Florida Nightclub Shooting Rampage
- SC Notice to Vijay Mallya on Petition of Consortium of Banks
- Sidhu Blasts BJP, Doesn't Say If He Is Joining AAP
- Chinkara Case: Rajasthan High Court Acquits Salman Khan
- As If Donald Trump Wasn't Enough!
- Daily Curator: Why Cockroach Milk Is Good For You
- Daily Curator: Emergency For Media In Kashmir
- Daily Curator: Oh Non! #NiceAttack
- Has TV News Given Up The Ghost On Kashmir?
- Daily Curator: Gujarat Police Reopens The Ghost of Godhra
- Assam: UPLA Chief Nikunja Kathar Arrested
- Una Incident: Dalit Writer From Gujarat to Return His Award
- Pranab Da Guided Me Like a Guardian: Modi
- Transport Employees Launch Indefinite Strike in Karnataka
- Army Arrests Wanted Terrorist in Assam
- UNSC Mandates Must Recognise Ground Realities: India
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED