15-Yr-Old Girl Gang-Raped by Students in Assam
A minor girl was allegedly raped in front of her neighbour by a gang of four students, of whom three have been arrested within hours of the crime, a senior police official said today.
The incident took place around 11:45 pm last night when the 15-year-old girl, along with a teenage boy, her next-door neighbour, had gone to Dibrugarh station to board the Brahmaputra Mail, Additional Superintendent of Police (ASP), Dibrugarh, Hiranya Burman said.
The duo were on their way to Panitola station in Tinsukia district, the ASP said.
They were dropped outside the station complex by an auto driver and were walking towards the station when they were intercepted by the four college students, Burman said.
"The boy was thrashed and pinned down by a few while others took turns to rape her", he said.
At around 1:30 AM, a police patrol party found the girl in semi-naked condition on a road near the Dibrugarh railway station.
She was immediately taken to Assam Medical College and Hospital, where the assault was confirmed. She is critical and is being treated there, the ASP said.
Acting swiftly, the police arrested three of the accused at around 3.30 am, while search for the absconding one is on, Burman said.
Those arrested have been identified as Kalyan Dutta and Pranjit Dutta -- both graduation students of Lahowal College, and Karan Gogoi, a Higher Secondary student of Aniruddha Dev College, he said.
The absconding accused has been identified as Raju Gogoi, also a student of Lahowal College.
- DMK Objects to Jayalalithaa's Portraits
- 'I Am Not Scared Of ABVP', DU Student And Kargil Martyr's Daughter's Facebook Post Goes Viral Sends Strong Message To ABVP
- 'Delhi Police Has Become Agent of BJP'
- Modi To Face Love Challenge In 2019
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- Ramjas Violence: College Forms Panel to Probe Students' Role
- 'Rs 10 Lakh Each Paid To 141 Families Of Manual Scavengers': TN Govt Tells Madras HC
- China's Bad Loans In 2016 Came Up To A Whopping USD 220 Billion
- Donkeys, Pigeons And Even Kasab: Morsels Of Madness From Uttar Pradesh
- DCW Orders Probe into Alleged Attacks on Women by Cops at DU
- BMC: Congress’s Gurudas Kamat Opposes Tie Up With Shiv Sena
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Boys In MP Forced To Dip Hands In Boiling Oil As 'Innocence Test', To Prove They Hadn't Stolen Mobile
- Hafiz Saeed Can Pose A Serious Threat To Nation, Says Pakistan's Defence Minister
- 5 Killed As Aircraft Smashes Into Melbourne Shopping Complex
- Nestle Sales Was Hit By Rs 100 Crore Post Demonetisation, Says Company Chairman