14th Ceasefire Violation by Pak in 12 Days
Violating the ceasefire for the 14th time in the past 12 days, Pakistani troops today targeted two border out posts (BoPs) and border hamlets injuring a villager and damaging some houses along the International Border in Jammu sector drawing retaliation from Indian troops.
Pakistani Rangers resorted to indiscriminate and unprovoked firing on two BoPs along IB in R S Pura sub-sector of Jammu district around 0100 hours, a BSF officer said.
BSF troops guarding two BoPs along IB, took positions and responded with equal calibre weapons which resulted in intermittent exchange of fire, which continued till 0500 hrs.
Pak troops fired mortar bombs which hit several houses in border villages in R S Pura in which one Harnam Singh of Biju village was injured, triggering panic and fear in the area.
This is the 14th ceasefire violation along the Indo-Pak border during the past 12 days, and the 16th ceasefire violation in August.
On August 20, Pakistani troops had violated the ceasefire twice in Mangalnarh forward belt of Rajouri's Manjakote sub-sector and Hamirpur sub-sector of Poonch district.
On August 19, Pakistani troops had violated the ceasefire twice by resorting to firing at Indian forward posts along the LoC in Hamirpur sub-sector of Poonch district
On the intervening night of August 17 and 18, Pakistani troops resorted to heavy night-long mortar shelling and firing in Arnia and R S Pura sub-sectors of Jammu district, in which one villager was injured.
Pakistan troops had violated the ceasefire twice on August 17 by resorting to heavy firing with automatic and small arms along Arnia sub-sector along IB and Hamirpur sub-sector along Line of Control in Jammu and Poonch districts.
On August 14, Pakistani troops had resorted to unprovoked small arms and automatic weapons firing on Indian posts in Poonch district. There were two other violations in Balakote and Hamirpur sectors in Poonch on August 14.
On August 13, Pakistani troops had violated the ceasefire by resorting to firing on forward posts along LoC in Poonch district, in which one jawan was injured.
Pakistan violated the ceasefire on August 12 by firing on 5 BoPs and civilian areas along the IB in Jammu district.
On August 11, two BSF jawans were among four persons injured when Pakistani troops violated the ceasefire in Arnia and R S Pura belts of Jammu district and on August 10, Pak violated ceasefire along LoC in Poonch district.
Authorities today asked Jammu border residents to keep indoors at night along Indo-Pak border in view of the Pak shelling.
- Mumbai Is The Richest Indian City With Total Wealth Of USD 820 Billion
- Paytm Offers To Hire Employees Sacked By Rival Companies
- Kim Killing Suspect Thought She Was In A 'Comedy Video'
- Modi To Face Love Challenge In 2019
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- Gujarat ATS Arrests Two ISIS Suspects From Rajkot And Bhavnagar
- Army Examination Cancelled At 6 Centres After Question Papers Leak
- Tight Security In Haryana As Jats Observe 'Black Day'
- Some Students 'Fantasise' About Breaking India Under The Guise Of Freedom Of Speech, Says Kiren Rijiju
- Public Sector Banks May Go On A Strike On Feb 28
- Shiv Sena Our 'True Well Wisher', Say Winner Muslim Candidates
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Rahul Gandhi Says He Has Information Of PM Modi's Personal Corruption
- Over 400 Academicians From International Varsities Write Open Letter To JNU Vice Chancellor Over Recent Events
- Demonetisation Advisers Need Elementary Course In Economics Says Chidambaram
- 52 Killed, Over 100 Injured in Sufi Shrine Blast in Pak's Balochistan