1434 Women Constables Recruited by Delhi Police
In a move which would boost the percentage of women personnel in Delhi Police, the force has completed the recruitment of 1434 women police officials on a fast track mode.
After the horrific December 16 gangrape of 2012 which had brought the spotlight on women security in the national capital, 776 posts of women constables were sanctioned by the Union Home Ministry and 522 posts of constables (Male) were converted into women constable.
The recruitment process was immediately initiated and the PEMT (Physical Endurance and Physical Measurement Test) was conducted at 10 locations spread throughout the country.
The locations were, Thiruananthapuram, Nagpur, Guwahati, Kolkata, Patna, Lucknow, Chennai, Hyderabad, Bangalore and Delhi.
In all, 6058 women candidates qualified in the PEMT.
"A written test was conducted on July 13 this year and today, 1434 women candidates throughout the country have been selected as constables (Executive) for Delhi Police. These 1434 posts include 136 vacancies on account of retirement, promotion etc. In the women cadre," said a senior Delhi Police official.
This selection will enhance the representation of women in Delhi Police from 7.18 per cent to 8.9 per cent, police said.
The women candidates selected in various categories are 748 in general category, 380 OBC, 197 SC and 109 ST.
An additional list of 72 candidates have also been declared if a candidate does not join from the main list, the official added.
This has been done in order to ensure that the post in the cadre does not remain vacant on account of non-joining of selected candidates.
Out of total 1434 women constables recruited, 30 are post-graduates, 336 are graduates and several other are having additional professional qualifications, the official said.
- Open the Dam Shutters, SC Asks Karnataka to Release 6000 Cusecs of Water to TN
- After Indus Water Treaty, India Will Now Review the Most Favoured Nation Status Given to Pak
- Corruption Accused Ex-Corporate Affairs DG Bansal Commits Suicide Along With Son
- Clinton Puts Trump on Defensive in Fiery First Presidential Debate
- USA: Nine Injured in Shooting at Strip Mall in Houston
- Abandon 'Dream' of Obtaining Kashmir: Swaraj to Pakistan
- Highlights From The First US Presidential Debate
- List Of People Who Have Been At The Receiving End Of A Shoe
- Watch: A Poacher's Court Tries To Save Elephants And Rhinos In Africa
- US Bans Many Soaps With Harmful Chemicals, Indians Too at Health Risk
- 6-Year-Old Boy Wonder Cooks Kerala's Puttu for US Audience on Ellen Show
- Bound By Chain Great Dane Starved To Death
- Pakistani Actors Should Condemn Uri Attack: Anupam Kher
- Pak's Top Court Upholds Death Penalty for Mentally-Ill Man
- Bombings Kill at Least 17 in Baghdad: Officials
- Debate Microphone Was Defective: Trump
- Ali Bongo Sworn In as Gabon President After Disputed Win
- Pak Lawmakers Adopt Landmark Hindu Marriage Bill
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED