1434 Women Constables Recruited by Delhi Police
In a move which would boost the percentage of women personnel in Delhi Police, the force has completed the recruitment of 1434 women police officials on a fast track mode.
After the horrific December 16 gangrape of 2012 which had brought the spotlight on women security in the national capital, 776 posts of women constables were sanctioned by the Union Home Ministry and 522 posts of constables (Male) were converted into women constable.
The recruitment process was immediately initiated and the PEMT (Physical Endurance and Physical Measurement Test) was conducted at 10 locations spread throughout the country.
The locations were, Thiruananthapuram, Nagpur, Guwahati, Kolkata, Patna, Lucknow, Chennai, Hyderabad, Bangalore and Delhi.
In all, 6058 women candidates qualified in the PEMT.
"A written test was conducted on July 13 this year and today, 1434 women candidates throughout the country have been selected as constables (Executive) for Delhi Police. These 1434 posts include 136 vacancies on account of retirement, promotion etc. In the women cadre," said a senior Delhi Police official.
This selection will enhance the representation of women in Delhi Police from 7.18 per cent to 8.9 per cent, police said.
The women candidates selected in various categories are 748 in general category, 380 OBC, 197 SC and 109 ST.
An additional list of 72 candidates have also been declared if a candidate does not join from the main list, the official added.
This has been done in order to ensure that the post in the cadre does not remain vacant on account of non-joining of selected candidates.
Out of total 1434 women constables recruited, 30 are post-graduates, 336 are graduates and several other are having additional professional qualifications, the official said.
- CBSE Announces Class 12 Exam Results, Topper Scores 99.6%
- Curfew In Srinagar Day After Bhat Killed
- Police Reveal Photos Of Manchester Bomber
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- What Exactly Is The Govt Celebrating? Rahul Questions 'Modi's Three Year' Festivities
- IT Dept Raids 22 Locations In Benami Land Deal Case Linked To Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Mamata Banerjee Discusses Joint Candidate for President Polls with Sonia Gandhi
- Petrol Price Cut By Rs 2.16 per Litre, Diesel By Rs 2.10