14-Year-Old Boy Goes Missing; Parents Allege Teacher Beat Him
A 14-year-old student of a private school has gone missing while on his way to attend tuition in Kukatpally area of the city, police said today.
However, the parents of Girish Rao, a student of class 8, have alleged that he went missing after a mathematics teacher of the private school, where he is studying, scolded and beat him up.
Girish's father Krishna Rao in a complaint to police said that his son went missing since the evening of August 4, Kukatpally Police Station Inspector Chandrakanth said.
"Following the complaint, we lodged a missing case and launched a search to trace the boy. He has not yet been found," he said.
Investigating Officer N Srinivas Reddy said Girish had left his house for tuition at 4 PM on Monday.
"The parents may claim that the boy went missing due to beating up and scolding of the teacher, however, the boy went missing from the house and not from the school," the IO said.
Reddy said that only the boy could tell whether he was meted with the corporal punishment or not.
"The boy daily used to commute to tuition on his cycle. However, on Monday he went by walk. It is the boy, who should tell whether he was beaten or not. Two months ago also he had suddenly left the house and later came back. He seems to be carrying a cell phone also," the officer said.
However, the parents are yet to give the mobile phone number of Girish to police.
"If the cell number is given (to us) we can locate the boy on call data records. As of now we are probing all angles and efforts are on to trace the boy," Reddy explained.
- DMK Objects to Jayalalithaa's Portraits
- 'I Am Not Scared Of ABVP', DU Student And Kargil Martyr's Daughter's Facebook Post Goes Viral Sends Strong Message To ABVP
- 'Delhi Police Has Become Agent of BJP'
- Modi To Face Love Challenge In 2019
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- Censor Board Responsible for Preserving India's Culture: Pahlaj Nihalani
- Ramjas Violence: College Forms Panel to Probe Students' Role
- 'Rs 10 Lakh Each Paid To 141 Families Of Manual Scavengers': TN Govt Tells Madras HC
- China's Bad Loans In 2016 Came Up To A Whopping USD 220 Billion
- Donkeys, Pigeons And Even Kasab: Morsels Of Madness From Uttar Pradesh
- DCW Orders Probe into Alleged Attacks on Women by Cops at DU
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Rahul Gandhi Says He Has Information Of PM Modi's Personal Corruption
- Over 400 Academicians From International Varsities Write Open Letter To JNU Vice Chancellor Over Recent Events
- Demonetisation Advisers Need Elementary Course In Economics Says Chidambaram
- 52 Killed, Over 100 Injured in Sufi Shrine Blast in Pak's Balochistan