13 Year Old Gets Pregnant After Rape by Stepfather, Landlord
A 13-year-old girl was allegedly raped by her stepfather and their landlord over the last one year in Gandhi Nagar area of east Delhi, police said today.
The incident came to light when the girl was taken to hospital following complaints of regular stomach pain and the doctors found her pregnant, they said.
The stepfather and the landlord were arrested after a complaint was registered in this regard under the Protection of Children from Sexual Offences (POCSO) Act and several other sections of IPC.
"The victim was complaining of stomach pain for the past few days and had also stopped going to school because of that. She was taken to a hospital by her mother on Tuesday where doctors performed the necessary tests which revealed that she was pregnant.
"When asked, the victim told that her stepfather and their landlord had been raping her when the mother would go for work. The accused also threatened her of dire consequences if she revealed the matter to anyone because of which the girl didn't tell anything to her mother," said the investigating officer.
After listening to her daughter, the mother approached police and lodged an FIR against the accused.
"The victim's mother who works at a thread-manufacturing unit, married the accused after her husband died some few years ago. From him, she has two sons," the officer added.
- Centre Applauds Army's Attack On Pakistan Posts
- ISIS Claims Responsibility For Manchester Blast That Killed 22
- James Bond Actor Roger Moore Dies At 89
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- 1984 Riots: Congress Leader Jagdish Tytler Refuses To Undergo Polygraph Test
- Bomb Scare Delays Movie Screening At Cannes
- Indian Railways' First Ever High-Speed Luxurious Train, Tejas Express, To Be Flagged Off Today
- Allegations Prove Others Are Scared of AAP's Anti-Corruption Campaign: Kejriwal
- What Exactly Is The Govt Celebrating? Rahul Questions 'Modi's Three Year' Festivities
- IT Dept Raids 22 Locations In Benami Land Deal Case Linked To Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Mamata Banerjee Discusses Joint Candidate for President Polls with Sonia Gandhi
- Petrol Price Cut By Rs 2.16 per Litre, Diesel By Rs 2.10