Sixteen students of a government school were taken ill after consuming mid-day meal in which a lizard was found at Bahtarwa Raghopur village under Kharikh police station area in Bihar's Bhagalpur district today, an official said.
The students complained of dizziness after consuming the meal in the government high school and were immediately attended by a medical team, Sub-Divisional Officer (SDO) Akhilesh Kumar said.
During a preliminary probe, it was found that a lizard had fallen in the meal while it was being cooked, he said.
Kumar said district education officer Suryadev Paswan had been directed to suspend the school principal and the block resource person responsible for providing meals to the students.
The SDO said he has also directed for lodging an FIR against the cook for negligence. Kumar said he would also serve show-cause notices to the principal and other accused persons in this connection.