A complaint has been filed in a local court today against Majlis-e-Ittehadul Muslimeen
(MIM) MLA Akbaruddin Owaisi for giving an allegedly provocative speech and hurting religious sentiments.
A practising advocate Kashimshetty Karunasagar, who filed the complaint in the VII Additional Chief Metropolitan Magistrate court, sought for registration of a case against Akbaruddin under Section 295A (Deliberate and malicious acts, intended to outrage religious feelings or any class by insulting its religion or religious beliefs), 153A (promoting enmity between different groups on grounds of religion) and other relevant sections of the
According to the complainant, he saw a video on a website, wherein
Akbaruddin, who represents Chandrayangutta Assembly constituency here, allegedly used inflammatory and derogatory words against a particular community, while addressing a public meeting
(MIM Jalsa) at Nirmal town of Adilabad district.
The complainant accused Akbaruddin of hurting the religious sentiments of a particular community in his speech.
The court admitted the complaint and posted the matter for hearing on to December 31.
>> Would have liked to provide the link, but unfortunately, am unable to find the link. Take it for what it's worth.
Old thread, but while doing research on the sickular hypocrisy for our resident sickular hypocrist, came across this old post of mine where I had not been able to find yet another old post of mine (too many symlinks!). Since had found it sometime back, thought shall post it here
>>I do not understand the great Gujarat development story.
People of Gujarat understand it. They vote him for development. The only people who don't understand it are the economists and intellectuals sitting outside Gujarat who use selective data to disprove the development story.
>>True it is doing well but 8-10 states are doing better.
Which states and by what parameter?
>> " overlooking the possibility that for most people outside AP, Owaisi was just a name and hence it would have been better to educate others about him as some other posters have commendably done "
Do we really need to know about jehadi MLAs advocating enmity between groups?
By the way ..Akbaruddin Owaisi is recuperating in London ...We can atleast pray that he never gets well and is confined to bed for the rest of his life...so that we have no more hate speech !!
1. There are two things, news reportage and analysis. Most of the time, both of these lack depth in mass media
2. By their very nature, mass media hop from topic to topic without lingering on any one topic for too long.
3. In 1984, PUCL-PUDR and Manushi brought out reports. In 1993 Bombay riots, there were half a dozen serious reports in addition to comprehensive Srikrishna report. In 2002 Gujarat there were dozens of reports. Moreover since late 1993 we had a broadsheet/magazine Communalism Combat focussing exclusively on communalism.
4. Survivors of 1984 have not given up their fight to get justice for the victims of 1984 anti sikh violence. They draw inspiration from success of survivors of Gujarat 2002 in getting justice. True the media is not as critical of the role of Congress in shielding Jagdish Tytler, Kamal Nath etc. But that does not make them secular, surely. That makes them communal.
5. I do not understand the great Gujarat development story. True it is doing well but 8-10 states are doing better. The last time I heard so much about development was during emergency.
6.I hope you are aware of rhe serious charges against Modi, I remember Anna praising Modi and Kejriwal whispering/correcting him. That scene is an adequate commentary on Anna movement, more eloquent than a thousand words.
7. SP criticizing Shahid Siddiqui's interview exposes them. That this interview is taken as a praise of Modi makes me seriously doubt the intelligence of those who claim that. My complaint against Siddiqui is that he promised to come with an analysis of the interview. Either he did not(unless his article in "Open" was the analysis) or adequate publicity has not been given to his analysis.
8. Now about Owaisi and his speech -- eg you yourself have been writing lengthy posts why secular's reponse is inadequate (overlooking the possibility that for most people outside AP, Owaisi was just a name and hence it would have been better to educate others about him as some other posters have commendably done).
9. The secular position on Owaisi is as that of Javed Anand - Co editor of Communalism Combat. I found this as I was googling for info -- www.timesnow.tv/Debate-Why-kid-gloves-for-Mr-Owaisi--2/videoshow/4418104.cms , I can not agree more that State so far has been spineless in taking action against bullies. All the time waiting for courts to take initiative, whether it is 2G or Owaisi is not statecraft IMHO.