At Least 120 School Kids Taken Ill After Eating Sweets at I-Day Functions

At least 120 schoolchildren today fell sick after eating sweets at Independence Day functions at four primary schools in Chaubepur village of the district, police said.

According Kanpur District Magistrate Roshan Jacob, the schoolchildren, along with at least 12 other persons, have been admitted in a primary health centre in the village and a local hospital, where doctors said that the condition of some of them was critical.

The chief medical officer, with a team of 12 doctors, is attending to them.

Jacob said, "At least 120 children, all aged less than 12 years, started vomiting after consuming laddus distributed at the I-Day functions at four primary schools in Chaubepur."

He said the village head had bought the sweets from a shop in Ashok Nagar area. Police have arrested the owner and sealed the shop.

"Some children took the laddus home and gave them to their family members and siblings, who also complained of food poisoning," Jacob said.

The DM said that he along with the CMO and 12 other doctors rushed to the spot and admitted the sick children to a primary health centre in the village.

Some of them were critical and were taken to Rama Hospital in Kalyanpur, he said.

Emerging story. Watch this space for updates as more details come in
Follow us on Twitter for all updates, like us on Facebook for important and fun stuff
Translate into:
© Copyright PTI. All rights reserved. Republication or redistribution of any PTI content, including by framing or similar means, is expressly prohibited without their prior written consent.


Post a Comment
Share your thoughts
You are not logged in, please log in or register
Must See
Daily Mail
Digression
Order by

Order by

ABOUT US | CONTACT US | SUBSCRIBE | ADVERTISING RATES | COPYRIGHT & DISCLAIMER | COMMENTS POLICY

OUTLOOK TOPICS:    a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z  0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9   
Or just type in a few initial letters of a topic: