A big shabash is due to Vrinda Gopinath for the gutsy, hard-hitting style of her article on the Padma awards (Padma’s Easy Slim Zone, Feb 11).
Soli Canteenwala, Mumbai
The day is not far away when a reservation quota is demanded for national awards. They have already lost all their charm and prestige thanks to all the lobbying. Such anomalies are inherent in the system.
Padmini Raghavendra, Secunderabad
Valid points, but the next time Vrinda dares to attend award functions or cocktail parties with these ‘Kiss my cellulite-busted a**’ celebs, she might want to guard her own.
Shyamal Barua, Calcutta
When half-naked women who prance around trees can become MPs and CMs, why not a businesswoman Padmashree?
Nasar Ahmed, Karaikkudi
Come to think of it, on what grounds was Rajesh Khanna given a Padma Vibhushan? It would have looked like a fake university degree on him. Who will they think of next? Rakhi Sawant?
Bharti B.K., via FB
"When half naked women prance around the trees and roll with men provoking the libido,can become CMs and Ministers,why not Padma Shri to some business woman."
You are in a wrong time zone, Naser Miyan! Please go back to the 7th century where you came from before your symptoms get worse!!
I think, the technology that Ms. Luthra develops can be significant. Everyone agrees though, that a woman cannot eat a certain portion, and then use the particular cream which is significant to the situation. I meant, that the technology might also be used in other spheres. How did the tech. develop? From the D. R. D. O. initiative perhaps, in the early stages?
Vrinda did raise some valid points behind the selection of such awards list; but the next time she dares to attend any such award function, or the cocktail parties of such celebreties with their ‘Kiss my cellulite-busted a**!’, she must guard her own a**, before she is booted out the party by the aggrieved cellulite-busted celebreties.
@Nasar Ahmed from Karikkudi, i guess your solution for India's problem lies in Islam :-)...
When half naked women prance around the trees and roll with men provoking the libido,can become CMs and Ministers,why not Padma Shri to some business woman.
The most irrational and otrageious act of giving award in Indian history was the one given to Ms Subblakshmi.Not less than Bharat Ratna,the highest civilian award.Can anybody beleive this!
In India everything is a sham and nobody can stop this rot that has set in but a catastrophe.
We at Outlookindia.com welcome feedback and your comments, including scathing criticism
1. Scathing, passionate, even angry critiques are welcome, but please do not indulge in abuse and invective. Our Primary concern is to keep the debate civil. We urge our users to try and express their disagreements without being disagreeable. Personal attacks are not welcome. No ad hominem please.
2. Please do not post the same message again and again in the same or different threads
3. Please keep your responses confined to the subject matter of the article you are responding to. Please note that our comments section is not a general free-for-all but for feedback to articles/blogs posted on the site
4. Our endeavour is to keep these forums unmoderated and unexpurgated. But if any of the above three conditions are violated, we reserve the right to delete any comment that we deem objectionable and also to withdraw posting privileges from the abuser. Please also note that hate-speech is punishable by law and in extreme circumstances, we may be forced to take legal action by tracing the IP addresses of the poster.
5. If someone is being abusive or personal, or generally being a troll or a flame-baiter, please do not descend to their level. The best response to such posters is to ignore them and send us a message at Mail AT outlookindia DOT com with the subject header COMPLAINT
6. Please do not copy and paste copyrighted material. If you do think that an article elsewhere has relevance to the point you wish to make, please only quote what is considered fair-use and provide a link to the article under question.
7. There is no particular outlookindia.com line on any subject. The views expressed in our opinion section are those of the author concerned and not that of all of outlookindia.com or all its authors.
8. Please also note that you are solely responsible for the comments posted by you on the site. The comments could be deleted or edited entirely at our discretion if we find them objectionable. However, the mere fact of their existence on our site does not mean that we necessarily approve of their contents. In short, the onus of responsibility for the comments remains solely with the authors thereof. Outlookindia.com or any of its group publications, may, however, retains the right to publish any of these comments, with or without editing, in any medium whatsoever. It is therefore in your own interest to be careful before posting.
9.Outlookindia.com is not responsible in any manner whatsoever for how any search engine -- such as Google, Bing etc -- caches or displays these comments. Please note that you are solely responsible for posting these comments and it is a privilege being granted to our registered users which can be withdrawn in case of abuse. To reiterate:
a. Comments once posted can only be deleted at the discretion of outlookindia.com
b. The comments reflect the views of the authors and not of outlookindia.com
c. outlookindia.com is not responsible in any manner whatsoever for the way search engines cache or display these comments
d. Please therefore take due caution before you post any comments as your words could potentially be used against you
10. We have an online thread for our comments policy:
You are welcome to post your suggestions here or in case you have a specific issue, to directly email us at Mail AT outlookindia DOT com with the subject header COMPLAINT