The insinuation in the report, Cases Full of Twists and Troubles (Feb 4, 2013), that the possibility of implicating and interrogating a top RSS functionary was discussed at a meeting between home secretary R.K. Singh and National Investigation Agency chief S.C. Sinha (not A.K. Sinha as mentioned in the report), is false and incorrect. Nor was any ‘political signal’ given to the NIA, as suggested by the report. The ministry of home affairs and the NIA strongly deny the insinuation and demand an apology “in person”.
The NIA is a professional investigating agency and any suggestion that it is working under political pressure is a slur on the agency and the government.
K.S. Dhatwalia, Addl DG (Media & Comm) Ministry of Home Affairs; Loknath Behera, IG, NIA, New Delhi
Toral Varia Deshpande responds: The NIA chief was asked about such a meeting at a press conference, when he replied that he could neither confirm nor deny it. I stand by my report. The possibility of interrogating the top RSS functionary was discussed not once but several times. The report nowhere suggested that the investigation was not being fair or that the NIA is an ‘unprofessional’ organisation. I am afraid the ministry is reading too much between the lines. All that the report meant was that the NIA was given the go-ahead to pursue the investigation fairly. I do, however, apologise for getting the NIA chief’s name wrong. That is an error I deeply regret.
The problem is not that Shinde used the term "Hindu/Saffron" terror. It is that he made a specific allegation that RSS/BJP are running "training camps that promote terror."
If that is true, he should prosecute RSS/BJP. Lets see what he will have to show by end of his tenure.
This whole 'Hindu/Saffron Terror' issue is a lie and yet another act of muslim appeasement. Acts of terrorist violence committed by jehadi groups have been deliberately blamed on patriotic Hindus by the corrupt congress just to please their jehadi/pakistani bosses.
Oh My God!!! "Hindu Terror"?? All along we have been heraing from the Secular Liberal Intellectual Parrot Brigade, that "Terrorism has no Religion"!! What happened to that pet theory that it is Suddenly discarded?? How SECULAR!! Jai Ho
RSS has a violent ideology and the biggest fascist organization in the world.It has fomented riots that hae resulted in hudreds of thousands of lives being lost much more of the Muslims suffering.
It is well known that Mahtma Gandhi was assasinted by RSS and Vir Savarkar excaped the noose because to the RSS buracracy and Sardar Vallabhai Patel.With advent of JanSangh and BJP this has turned in to state terrorism where the perpatrators were RSS and the prosecusted were Muslims.Police,intelligence and the media largely controlled by RSS played its part.
Congress too played its role in keeping mum on this so that Muslims will be depndent on them.But if the RSS is not stopped then it is going to be the death knell for Congress.Unfortunately the same dishards are close to high command and are preventing the congress from taking a bold action and finally getting annihilated on their own intransigence.
I have no problem with anyone associating religion with terror. Just that we must be allowed to associate any religion with terror. This is where the cnogress fails.
Moreover, the number one internal security threat is Left wing terror and has been for the longest time.
The Maoists/naxalites are the number one threat. Good job ignoring them Outlook.
"The unfortunate choice of words—some would call it a matter of habit with the minister—may have brought Shinde untold headaches, but his statement conveyed a firm intent to pursue cases of Hindu right-wing extremism"
Toral is doing standard outlook congress lacky job. But only idiots will believe that they have firm intent to pursue the cases. The words used are selected carefully for political purpose. This is a standard Congress communal divisive strategy with an eye on election. They bring this subject up every election while most of the accused are in jail without any conviction for more than 5 years. If they are tried in court, Congress will lose its card. So nothing is going to happen in near future. Most of the accused are probably going to die natual death in jail unless opposition comes back to power.
"It is entirely correct to say that religions should not be associated with terror. Religions seek to give people a sense of their place in the universe and create a moral discourse that helps individuals live together as a functional society. Terror has no place in this scheme of things. But all through history, people have misused religion for politics, war and destruction. That being the case, the point is not to wax apoplectic over ‘Hindu terror’ but to combat the ideology and practice that seek to overturn India’s democratic order to establish a Hindu India."
We at Outlookindia.com welcome feedback and your comments, including scathing criticism
1. Scathing, passionate, even angry critiques are welcome, but please do not indulge in abuse and invective. Our Primary concern is to keep the debate civil. We urge our users to try and express their disagreements without being disagreeable. Personal attacks are not welcome. No ad hominem please.
2. Please do not post the same message again and again in the same or different threads
3. Please keep your responses confined to the subject matter of the article you are responding to. Please note that our comments section is not a general free-for-all but for feedback to articles/blogs posted on the site
4. Our endeavour is to keep these forums unmoderated and unexpurgated. But if any of the above three conditions are violated, we reserve the right to delete any comment that we deem objectionable and also to withdraw posting privileges from the abuser. Please also note that hate-speech is punishable by law and in extreme circumstances, we may be forced to take legal action by tracing the IP addresses of the poster.
5. If someone is being abusive or personal, or generally being a troll or a flame-baiter, please do not descend to their level. The best response to such posters is to ignore them and send us a message at Mail AT outlookindia DOT com with the subject header COMPLAINT
6. Please do not copy and paste copyrighted material. If you do think that an article elsewhere has relevance to the point you wish to make, please only quote what is considered fair-use and provide a link to the article under question.
7. There is no particular outlookindia.com line on any subject. The views expressed in our opinion section are those of the author concerned and not that of all of outlookindia.com or all its authors.
8. Please also note that you are solely responsible for the comments posted by you on the site. The comments could be deleted or edited entirely at our discretion if we find them objectionable. However, the mere fact of their existence on our site does not mean that we necessarily approve of their contents. In short, the onus of responsibility for the comments remains solely with the authors thereof. Outlookindia.com or any of its group publications, may, however, retains the right to publish any of these comments, with or without editing, in any medium whatsoever. It is therefore in your own interest to be careful before posting.
9.Outlookindia.com is not responsible in any manner whatsoever for how any search engine -- such as Google, Bing etc -- caches or displays these comments. Please note that you are solely responsible for posting these comments and it is a privilege being granted to our registered users which can be withdrawn in case of abuse. To reiterate:
a. Comments once posted can only be deleted at the discretion of outlookindia.com
b. The comments reflect the views of the authors and not of outlookindia.com
c. outlookindia.com is not responsible in any manner whatsoever for the way search engines cache or display these comments
d. Please therefore take due caution before you post any comments as your words could potentially be used against you
10. We have an online thread for our comments policy:
You are welcome to post your suggestions here or in case you have a specific issue, to directly email us at Mail AT outlookindia DOT com with the subject header COMPLAINT