"Numerous MoUs signed, but not clear how many translated into projects on the ground"
What the heck are you doing? Is it not the job of a reporter to find these things out?
To be honest, Modi's usage of media and myth is just a fraction of the amount of public money that the Nehru-Indira-Rajiv-Sonia-Rahul dynasty has spent to spread the myth of CONgress party and Nehru-Indira-Rajiv-Sonia-Rahul Dynasty laying their lives for the well being of India.
Countless roads, bridges, public institutions have been named after a few members of a dynasty (nehru,indira, rajiv) even though India is today one of most underdeveloped nations in the world and the role of the dynasty , which has ruled for 50 out of 65 years (of free india) in destroying India from within has never been fairly investigated by media.
If journos like you were really honest, you will examine the media's glorification of dynasty and the money trail behind it, but you will not or rather your employers viz the billionaire neo rich industrialist Rajan Raheja will not allow you to do such an investigation.
As for Modi not being to better his support base:
Please look at the Keshubhai factor and how he played the spoiler role to perfection in many constituencies.
Moreover, Congress and Keshubhai's Party are representative of an old style RSS/VHP kind of politics which is not pro capitalism as such.
So, Gujarat one way or another, is the first large rightist state in India.
Haryana, is also a rightist state. But it is a small state in comparison.And the irony in the congress and a farmer(Hooda) being in power and promoting largely free enterprise hasn't been lost on me!
Ashutosh from IBN 7, may not be a Modi fan, but he is an honest individual.
A rare honest media person.
I once saw him give that donkey abuser that goes by the name of Karan Thapar, a well-deserved bum rap for being a sycophant.
Actually, he didn't directly even name Thapar, but he(Thapar) felt really insecure and started defending himself.
It was hilarious!
Most of the journalists who indulge in Modi-bashing are corrupt, biased and cunning.
We at Outlookindia.com welcome feedback and your comments, including scathing criticism
1. Scathing, passionate, even angry critiques are welcome, but please do not indulge in abuse and invective. Our Primary concern is to keep the debate civil. We urge our users to try and express their disagreements without being disagreeable. Personal attacks are not welcome. No ad hominem please.
2. Please do not post the same message again and again in the same or different threads
3. Please keep your responses confined to the subject matter of the article you are responding to. Please note that our comments section is not a general free-for-all but for feedback to articles/blogs posted on the site
4. Our endeavour is to keep these forums unmoderated and unexpurgated. But if any of the above three conditions are violated, we reserve the right to delete any comment that we deem objectionable and also to withdraw posting privileges from the abuser. Please also note that hate-speech is punishable by law and in extreme circumstances, we may be forced to take legal action by tracing the IP addresses of the poster.
5. If someone is being abusive or personal, or generally being a troll or a flame-baiter, please do not descend to their level. The best response to such posters is to ignore them and send us a message at Mail AT outlookindia DOT com with the subject header COMPLAINT
6. Please do not copy and paste copyrighted material. If you do think that an article elsewhere has relevance to the point you wish to make, please only quote what is considered fair-use and provide a link to the article under question.
7. There is no particular outlookindia.com line on any subject. The views expressed in our opinion section are those of the author concerned and not that of all of outlookindia.com or all its authors.
8. Please also note that you are solely responsible for the comments posted by you on the site. The comments could be deleted or edited entirely at our discretion if we find them objectionable. However, the mere fact of their existence on our site does not mean that we necessarily approve of their contents. In short, the onus of responsibility for the comments remains solely with the authors thereof. Outlookindia.com or any of its group publications, may, however, retains the right to publish any of these comments, with or without editing, in any medium whatsoever. It is therefore in your own interest to be careful before posting.
9.Outlookindia.com is not responsible in any manner whatsoever for how any search engine -- such as Google, Bing etc -- caches or displays these comments. Please note that you are solely responsible for posting these comments and it is a privilege being granted to our registered users which can be withdrawn in case of abuse. To reiterate:
a. Comments once posted can only be deleted at the discretion of outlookindia.com
b. The comments reflect the views of the authors and not of outlookindia.com
c. outlookindia.com is not responsible in any manner whatsoever for the way search engines cache or display these comments
d. Please therefore take due caution before you post any comments as your words could potentially be used against you
10. We have an online thread for our comments policy:
You are welcome to post your suggestions here or in case you have a specific issue, to directly email us at Mail AT outlookindia DOT com with the subject header COMPLAINT