Those (including this Mr. Sharma) who still think that Mr. Modi is guilty, are not just against Mr. Modi, they are also against India's judiciary, India's investigating agencies and to be frank, against India's democracy. In fact, they want to be judge, jury and the execusioners. They don't deserve to be a member of any civilized society.
If Modi were even remotely Guilty he would've apologized. Why should he when SC has given him clean-chit and that there are numerous Convictions, with many riot cases well-accounted for.
Congress apologised, despite near-zero Conviction rate, because it was 100% complicit & active player at all levels in 1984.
The Question of apology has already been answered by Modi. "Hang me if I'm Guilty".
These Libtards act like this Platform seller negotiating with a buyer, who remains steadfast and knows the exact price he has to pay.
Look at this guy's face.
All these hardline statists, socialists and anti anti-socialists, look & sound the same!
None of them have a sense of humour or a bar of soap!
The left has always had a sorry sense of humour. They define depression.
Just look at them.
Now look at the right & in Reagan,Churchill & Vajpayee you have the best sense of humour in politics from the last century to now.
Christopher Hitchens is the only exception!
But he wasn't a politician!
Three seats in the Gujarat Assembly will be vacant soon.
Two Congress MPs whom Congress had fielded as contestants in the Gujarat have either to retain their Lok Sabha seats or resign from Gujarat Assembly .Govt is on daily survival mode in Delhi with Maya and Mulayam being tricky supporters who want their pound of Flesh after every pro UPA Voting at Center .Hence Govt will ask its MLAs to resign in Gujarat and retain seats in the Parliament .
The third seat which will be due for Election is where one MLA has won from two constituencies and has to resign now from one Constituency .
Well Modi will surely go for crossing the last Tally of 117 in 2007 .
If Modi Apologises, it will be used to further an "Aha, I told you he was guilty" campaign.
"Why did he apologise if he wasn't guilty" & other such questions will be aked.
It will be seen as a sign of guilt.
Mr.Sharma also knows this.
Somehow the demands for apology go on without giving a serious consideration for what it entails. Mr. Modi himself had stated in no uncertain and actually very clear terms,"why apology if I am found guilty, I should be hanged". And the highest court of the country appointed the SIT under its best qualified team and direct supervision and the report by them found no basis for Mr. Modi's role. Given this, where is the space for aplogy here? Somehow the detractors never put the real data in suggesting the lapses. We have got to believe in the due process of law especially when the highest court has given its sincere and utmost attention to this case.
Somehow one has a feeling that asking for apology is more like an ego-satisfaction and some kind of a last straw for the critics. They tried so hard to create an impression (propaganda) of Modi's culpability and one-by-one the allegations are falling off, both legally and perceptually. They hope with Modi's apology they would have a face-saving measure. I guess the best response of such critics has been by Mr. Modi himself, not in words but by actions. 10 years of a complete "curfew free" (forget riots) administration; and I hope it goes on for ever and ever.
Is he going to apologise to Gujarat, or India, if he does? And, who should the Muslims and Hindu's of Gujarat apologise to?
8-D/52 NRENDER M APTE ///If as chief minister Mr. Modi had taken quick action against the rioters there would have been far less violence and lives of many innocent Muslims would have been saved.///
How much quicker do you expect from any state Gov? 27th Feb night the train burnt. 28th Feb riots begun. On 28 th Feb itself Modi asked for Para/Military help and the next day, the 1st of March'2002 Para/Military was deployed ( February month has 28 days so 28th being last day of the month.) So Mr Apte, how quicker action you are expecting? you can find this information on Wikipedia.
Problem with so called activists is they donot stop at understanding the miseries of the disadvantaged and definitely donot stop at fighting for alleviating thier troubles. Instead they transform hemselves to be the disadvantaged facing imaginary hurdles, biases, social discriminations that is to say "fighting imaginary wind mills" (courtesy:IrrInd). The result ?!... spinning yarn and more yarn. Psychological issue ? Probably
Arrey, Rakesh bhai calls it a "genocide" too. Bad bad vocabulary.. Let me use it for a few instances too.
* Genocide of fiftynine passengers when they were roasted alive in the Godhra train
* Genocide of hindus in villages such as my native when BM was demolition. "PeasFull" reaction [ Suprisingly, theres no reaction to the temple demolition in my town (and nearby town) and another temple conversioninto a mosque because "they" were perceived as "uncivilized"/"uncouth"/"aggressive"/"lumpens". Have an answer for this ? ]
* genocide of hindus at the hands of mim and congies in hyd where the riots went on for several days where nearly five hun to 700 ppl were butchered by "minority" goons
Talking about hindutva, do the "poor and innocents" vote for secular parties ? Can we also talk about that ? Oh they vote for secular congies? Congies are secular ?! Since when ? Yes, I know Iam not being goody..goody in the secu texts, but I care a whit if its all about demonizing one section. Instead of harping on "discrimination", do look at their own problematic factors social/familial. After all muslims are not the only minorities in India, no ?
IF SHRI RAKESH SHARMA HAS REAL GUTS, HE WILL MAKE A DOCUMENTARY FILM THAT EXAMINES LIVING CONDITIONS IN RAE BARELI and AMETHI (in EAST UP) AND TELL US THE REASON WHY DESPITE DECADES OF BEING A VVIP CONSTITUENCY, these TWO CONSTITUENCIES LACK BEHIND MUCH OF INDIA IN ALL ASPECTS OF HUMAN DEVELOPMENT.
Mr Rahul Sharma, if you have guts, answer above. Or else, you are only proving that you are just another Paid intellectual who does the job of strengthening the same party that has ruled India for 56 years. You are a broker intellectual , that is it.
It is not surprising that Mr. Narendra Modi and important leaders of his party, BJP, have consistently refused to accept that the Gujarat government (and particularly, Mr. Narendra Modi as he was the chief minister) erred, and erred on the wrong side of law by not containing the post-Godhra riots. If as chief minister Mr. Modi had taken quick action against the rioters there would have been far less violence and lives of many innocent Muslims would have been saved. But Mr. Modi just did not act. This is the charge against him and he has of course denied it all along.
BJP and Mr. Modi has always claimed that the riots and the killings of Muslims was a spontaneous reaction of ordinary people of Gujarat to the killings of innocent Karsevaks in Godhra. But concerned citizens are convinced that killings of innocent citizens in any situation can never be justified.
Incidentally, let us not forget that the assassin of Mahatma Gandhi and his followers and admirers have always justified the assassination of Gadhiji. There is very close similarity between this view and BJP’s and Modi’s views about the post-Godhra killings of Muslims.
For those who think that Muslims are nice people who never resort to riots and killing.
>> "It was a planned massacre of Muslims with state connivance." - Anwaar
And Muslims being such peace-loving doves, did not kill any. The 250-odd Hindus must have died of heart attack when they saw peaceful Muslims being slaughtered.
Some Muslims are still pissed that they do not get first claim on nation's resources in Gujarat. How dare Modi consider all religions as equal for governance and policies? Some 10% of the state's population belongs to a superior race, and deserve special treatment. Too bad that Modi does not accept Indian definition of secularism.
Going by the Exit Polls, about 24% Muslims voted for Gujarat BJP. The number should be a big worry for the seculars and leftist jholawalas.
What should worry them even more is the fact that BJP won in Jamalpur-Khadia and Vejalpur. Vejalpur, incidentally, includes Juhapura constituency, was won by a margin of 41,000 votes.
> " The ghettoes are worse, the divides are clearer. The Muslim-dominated Juhapura would be bereft of basic amenities, but the adjoining Hindu areas won’t. There’s discrimination on every count, be it to get a BPL card or to ply an auto in a smaller town. It’s not a blatant, but a latent division. The general sentiment is “abhi Hindu ki chalti hai”."
This is the truth about Modi-raj!
>> What happened in Gujarat was a Hindu/Muslim riot.
That is false. It was a planned massacre of Muslims with state connivance.
Outlook is a corrupt, cheap and third-class magazine. how dare you call 2002 genocide!!! you should remember a large number of hindus were also killed in Gujarat riots. how can you forget the genocide of 60 hindu pilgrims in Godhra!! do you not consider hindu lives as important as those of muslims!!! come on, get a life. do not go to such a low extent.
Genocide of Muslims in Gujarat?? Genocide??!! Really? The problem with Indian English reporters is that, English is our second language and most of us don’t know the real meaning of English words and under what context to use them- What is genocide?? One definition is " The systematic and widespread extermination or attempted extermination of an entire national, racial, religious, or ethnic group." -
In an English speaking nation the word genocide is only used while describing holocaust, or extermination of Native Americans etc. What happened in Gujarat was a Hindu/Muslim riot in which 1000+ Muslims and 500+ Hindus died. This was NOT genocide of Muslims!!!! Total number of Muslims only INCREASED from 2002 -2004 due to population growth- not reduced!! The only recent genocide in India is the systematic religious extermination of Kashmiri Hindus by Kashmiri Muslims- (here Hindus were forced in to exile rather than mass killings, so may not qualify as classic 'genocide').
We at Outlookindia.com welcome feedback and your comments, including scathing criticism
1. Scathing, passionate, even angry critiques are welcome, but please do not indulge in abuse and invective. Our Primary concern is to keep the debate civil. We urge our users to try and express their disagreements without being disagreeable. Personal attacks are not welcome. No ad hominem please.
2. Please do not post the same message again and again in the same or different threads
3. Please keep your responses confined to the subject matter of the article you are responding to. Please note that our comments section is not a general free-for-all but for feedback to articles/blogs posted on the site
4. Our endeavour is to keep these forums unmoderated and unexpurgated. But if any of the above three conditions are violated, we reserve the right to delete any comment that we deem objectionable and also to withdraw posting privileges from the abuser. Please also note that hate-speech is punishable by law and in extreme circumstances, we may be forced to take legal action by tracing the IP addresses of the poster.
5. If someone is being abusive or personal, or generally being a troll or a flame-baiter, please do not descend to their level. The best response to such posters is to ignore them and send us a message at Mail AT outlookindia DOT com with the subject header COMPLAINT
6. Please do not copy and paste copyrighted material. If you do think that an article elsewhere has relevance to the point you wish to make, please only quote what is considered fair-use and provide a link to the article under question.
7. There is no particular outlookindia.com line on any subject. The views expressed in our opinion section are those of the author concerned and not that of all of outlookindia.com or all its authors.
8. Please also note that you are solely responsible for the comments posted by you on the site. The comments could be deleted or edited entirely at our discretion if we find them objectionable. However, the mere fact of their existence on our site does not mean that we necessarily approve of their contents. In short, the onus of responsibility for the comments remains solely with the authors thereof. Outlookindia.com or any of its group publications, may, however, retains the right to publish any of these comments, with or without editing, in any medium whatsoever. It is therefore in your own interest to be careful before posting.
9.Outlookindia.com is not responsible in any manner whatsoever for how any search engine -- such as Google, Bing etc -- caches or displays these comments. Please note that you are solely responsible for posting these comments and it is a privilege being granted to our registered users which can be withdrawn in case of abuse. To reiterate:
a. Comments once posted can only be deleted at the discretion of outlookindia.com
b. The comments reflect the views of the authors and not of outlookindia.com
c. outlookindia.com is not responsible in any manner whatsoever for the way search engines cache or display these comments
d. Please therefore take due caution before you post any comments as your words could potentially be used against you
10. We have an online thread for our comments policy:
You are welcome to post your suggestions here or in case you have a specific issue, to directly email us at Mail AT outlookindia DOT com with the subject header COMPLAINT