How the heck this article qualified for print? There is no beginning, no end and no theme-other than "I hate Modi". Forget the content. The prose is pathetic-fifth grade level.
//“There is only a slim chance Muslims other than these sections would support Modi-style economic development. They are the poorer, uneducated lot, who see no benefit in it,” says Desai//
This is an opinion. This is not information! Do you understand the difference?
They should be directly proportional to each other. Atleast make an attempt.
Did you even get paid for this ?
The progress in Gujarat and the infrastructure development is there for everyone to see.
99% & 76% of the poor in yankland in 2001 had refrigerators and air conditioning resp.
The best way to get people out of gut-wrenching poverty is largely free enterprise.
History proves that!
So in the world of jhollawallah CON party supporters, to say that a part of India (Sir Creek or Siachen glacier) should remain in Secular India and not be gifted to THEOCRATIC Pakistan is an act of communalism.
Tomorrow the CONgress party and the media supporters aka paid journalists will tell us that we should also gift our own homes to Pakistan to prove our secularism !!
My only question is - why dont the media worthies first prove their secularism by gifting their own personal assets to the poor people of Pakistan?
Will Vinod Metha do that? Will the owner of this newsmagazine do that?
Total BS article!!
The continued existence of these jholawallas and mediapersons is the biggest repudiation of their claim that people in Gujarat, especially those opposed to Modi live in fear. These folks have badmouthed and made wild allegations against Modi every single day since the 2002 riots, but they continue to live there and what's more, thrive.
We at Outlookindia.com welcome feedback and your comments, including scathing criticism
1. Scathing, passionate, even angry critiques are welcome, but please do not indulge in abuse and invective. Our Primary concern is to keep the debate civil. We urge our users to try and express their disagreements without being disagreeable. Personal attacks are not welcome. No ad hominem please.
2. Please do not post the same message again and again in the same or different threads
3. Please keep your responses confined to the subject matter of the article you are responding to. Please note that our comments section is not a general free-for-all but for feedback to articles/blogs posted on the site
4. Our endeavour is to keep these forums unmoderated and unexpurgated. But if any of the above three conditions are violated, we reserve the right to delete any comment that we deem objectionable and also to withdraw posting privileges from the abuser. Please also note that hate-speech is punishable by law and in extreme circumstances, we may be forced to take legal action by tracing the IP addresses of the poster.
5. If someone is being abusive or personal, or generally being a troll or a flame-baiter, please do not descend to their level. The best response to such posters is to ignore them and send us a message at Mail AT outlookindia DOT com with the subject header COMPLAINT
6. Please do not copy and paste copyrighted material. If you do think that an article elsewhere has relevance to the point you wish to make, please only quote what is considered fair-use and provide a link to the article under question.
7. There is no particular outlookindia.com line on any subject. The views expressed in our opinion section are those of the author concerned and not that of all of outlookindia.com or all its authors.
8. Please also note that you are solely responsible for the comments posted by you on the site. The comments could be deleted or edited entirely at our discretion if we find them objectionable. However, the mere fact of their existence on our site does not mean that we necessarily approve of their contents. In short, the onus of responsibility for the comments remains solely with the authors thereof. Outlookindia.com or any of its group publications, may, however, retains the right to publish any of these comments, with or without editing, in any medium whatsoever. It is therefore in your own interest to be careful before posting.
9.Outlookindia.com is not responsible in any manner whatsoever for how any search engine -- such as Google, Bing etc -- caches or displays these comments. Please note that you are solely responsible for posting these comments and it is a privilege being granted to our registered users which can be withdrawn in case of abuse. To reiterate:
a. Comments once posted can only be deleted at the discretion of outlookindia.com
b. The comments reflect the views of the authors and not of outlookindia.com
c. outlookindia.com is not responsible in any manner whatsoever for the way search engines cache or display these comments
d. Please therefore take due caution before you post any comments as your words could potentially be used against you
10. We have an online thread for our comments policy:
You are welcome to post your suggestions here or in case you have a specific issue, to directly email us at Mail AT outlookindia DOT com with the subject header COMPLAINT