Free Speech is the birth right of the citizens of Democratic countires, with limited regulations that curtails defamatorty speech. Without Free speech Democracy does not exist and People will lose all their Constitutional Rights and Human Rights. Truth is spoken which does not constitute Contempt of Court. People have right to criticize Judgements of Courts, without making personal allegations aganist Judges. In Democratic Countries People have right to criticize People who have been in Public life, holdinghigh Offices for official dereliction of duty and their Personal life. Freedom of Free speech to criticize must be a constructive criticize, that must always impress People holding high offices to introspection, but it should not hurt them. Free Speech always strgenthen Democracy, restore the Constitutional Rights, Human Rights of the People of the country. Free speech root out corruption from the society as individual certainly realise what is wrong and what is right. Executive, Legislature, Judiciary, Bureaucracy fallow Rule of Law.
Limits on freedom is unthinkable. Technology has the power and capabilities, and is capable of developing more and more, to place instantly counter views to balance the negative- positive effects. There would have been no growth of knowledge had limits been put on freedom of speech and expression and the only books which would have been available to mankind would have been the Vedas, Bible & Koran. Let there be as many challenges as possible to the beliefs and thoughts as inquisitive minds can throw, so that newer and newer frontiers of knowledge get unlocked. Our present knowledge is not equal to even a drop in the ocean.
The problem is: How free are nazis among jewish people? or how free are Hindus in an Islamic nation? If we solve this we can sove the internet freedom problem.
One hundred years from now we shall still be talking about the wisdom of putting limits on free speech. This question can never be resolved.
We at Outlookindia.com welcome feedback and your comments, including scathing criticism
1. Scathing, passionate, even angry critiques are welcome, but please do not indulge in abuse and invective. Our Primary concern is to keep the debate civil. We urge our users to try and express their disagreements without being disagreeable. Personal attacks are not welcome. No ad hominem please.
2. Please do not post the same message again and again in the same or different threads
3. Please keep your responses confined to the subject matter of the article you are responding to. Please note that our comments section is not a general free-for-all but for feedback to articles/blogs posted on the site
4. Our endeavour is to keep these forums unmoderated and unexpurgated. But if any of the above three conditions are violated, we reserve the right to delete any comment that we deem objectionable and also to withdraw posting privileges from the abuser. Please also note that hate-speech is punishable by law and in extreme circumstances, we may be forced to take legal action by tracing the IP addresses of the poster.
5. If someone is being abusive or personal, or generally being a troll or a flame-baiter, please do not descend to their level. The best response to such posters is to ignore them and send us a message at Mail AT outlookindia DOT com with the subject header COMPLAINT
6. Please do not copy and paste copyrighted material. If you do think that an article elsewhere has relevance to the point you wish to make, please only quote what is considered fair-use and provide a link to the article under question.
7. There is no particular outlookindia.com line on any subject. The views expressed in our opinion section are those of the author concerned and not that of all of outlookindia.com or all its authors.
8. Please also note that you are solely responsible for the comments posted by you on the site. The comments could be deleted or edited entirely at our discretion if we find them objectionable. However, the mere fact of their existence on our site does not mean that we necessarily approve of their contents. In short, the onus of responsibility for the comments remains solely with the authors thereof. Outlookindia.com or any of its group publications, may, however, retains the right to publish any of these comments, with or without editing, in any medium whatsoever. It is therefore in your own interest to be careful before posting.
9.Outlookindia.com is not responsible in any manner whatsoever for how any search engine -- such as Google, Bing etc -- caches or displays these comments. Please note that you are solely responsible for posting these comments and it is a privilege being granted to our registered users which can be withdrawn in case of abuse. To reiterate:
a. Comments once posted can only be deleted at the discretion of outlookindia.com
b. The comments reflect the views of the authors and not of outlookindia.com
c. outlookindia.com is not responsible in any manner whatsoever for the way search engines cache or display these comments
d. Please therefore take due caution before you post any comments as your words could potentially be used against you
10. We have an online thread for our comments policy:
You are welcome to post your suggestions here or in case you have a specific issue, to directly email us at Mail AT outlookindia DOT com with the subject header COMPLAINT