Apropos Wielders of Terror (May 14) on RWA high-handedness, every issue has two sides. By no means am I supporting a dictatorial RWA, but I encourage people to be part of theirs to see what an RWA does to help its community.
>> "If the army guys are reading this, please take some action against this Rathee..he is spoiling the name and respect of you army guys." - Sispal
Yes, yes. The army will bomb the darned apartment. Ask all the residents to leave the apartment with immediate effect. Don't tell this to that lousy president, Rathee. Turn on some erotica show on this TV to keep him inside the apartment when the army arrives.
One such case of RWA nonsense due to a few bad people is RWA of Sispal Vihar (AWHO) in Gurgaon -sector 49. This new president - Rathee is a very arrogant, rude and misbehaved person. He has been recently elected as president. He just keeps bringing up new rules everyday to harass the tenants in the society as the society has maximum number of tenants than owners. example - Visitors or guests coming to the society and staying back for a day with the resident has to pay 50 rs. as parking charge ...HOW RIDICULOUS CAN THIS GET? Is this is a mall or a residential complex?
A tenant had booked the community hall of the society for a wedding, and he booked it by giving a toke amount and also has a reciept. This Rathee guy later forcibly cancelled his booking stating that the hall needs to be given to an owner who had booked it earlier than him. Now this owner didnt pay any token or anything... So technically the tenant who paid the token is the rightful person for the hall on the said date. When questioned, this rathee just abused the person with filty language. I cant believe that this dirty fellow was part of the army!!!!! He is such a loser in life !
The swimming pool charges are rs.1000 for tenants and 500 for owners. Why this partiality??? The maintainence charges for the flats is different for owners and tenants??? does this make sense? The society has taken membership of a pathetic club already from the owners.... now how can they charge again from the same flat just becuase the people living in the flats are tenants. So a new rule - 5000 rs for club membership (MANDATORY) and rs. 300 per month, only for tenants. When asked about it....this dirty Rathee person just abuses , threatens, etc.
If the army guys are reading this, please take some action against this Rathee..he is spoiling the name and respect of you army guys.
Every Issue has two sides. The view expressed is definitely true in few incidents. But I can say from experience that many of the residents / owners show very little responsiblity towards helping themselves or their neighbours in closed communities. Even personal problems are expected to be resolved by the RWA. I have seen many RWAs in Bengaluru which has done pioneering work and have bridged the gap between the elected representative and the cycnical middle class. I also see no issue in having one of the RWAs become a peoples representative. The issue is how we view politics as 'dirty'. We don't have a choice but to dive into the dirt to clean it. With so many cynical minds in our midst a disciplinary RWA is always views with contempt. By no means am I supporting a dictatorial RWA but I do encourage lot many people to be part of it to really get a taste of what a RWA goes through to help their communities.
A number of instances have been reported wherein the office bearers of the RWAs are accused of their highhandedness towards the residents apart from imposing unjust decisions taken unilaterally in the name of colony’s safety and maintenance etc. Surprisingly, even a retired CBI Director, has been charged by the residents for several irregularities committed as the chief of the association. It seems, a colony is being treated by the RWA like a state with its officials as chief minister and his cabinet.
Aren't the members of the RWA elected by the residents themelves? Surely, in a place were all residents live together and see each other all the time, it must be obvious who the good leaders are. Why then do corrupt and high-handed people get elected to RWAs and wreak havoc ? Surely the residents ahould share a part of the blame here.
We at Outlookindia.com welcome feedback and your comments, including scathing criticism
1. Scathing, passionate, even angry critiques are welcome, but please do not indulge in abuse and invective. Our Primary concern is to keep the debate civil. We urge our users to try and express their disagreements without being disagreeable. Personal attacks are not welcome. No ad hominem please.
2. Please do not post the same message again and again in the same or different threads
3. Please keep your responses confined to the subject matter of the article you are responding to. Please note that our comments section is not a general free-for-all but for feedback to articles/blogs posted on the site
4. Our endeavour is to keep these forums unmoderated and unexpurgated. But if any of the above three conditions are violated, we reserve the right to delete any comment that we deem objectionable and also to withdraw posting privileges from the abuser. Please also note that hate-speech is punishable by law and in extreme circumstances, we may be forced to take legal action by tracing the IP addresses of the poster.
5. If someone is being abusive or personal, or generally being a troll or a flame-baiter, please do not descend to their level. The best response to such posters is to ignore them and send us a message at Mail AT outlookindia DOT com with the subject header COMPLAINT
6. Please do not copy and paste copyrighted material. If you do think that an article elsewhere has relevance to the point you wish to make, please only quote what is considered fair-use and provide a link to the article under question.
7. There is no particular outlookindia.com line on any subject. The views expressed in our opinion section are those of the author concerned and not that of all of outlookindia.com or all its authors.
8. Please also note that you are solely responsible for the comments posted by you on the site. The comments could be deleted or edited entirely at our discretion if we find them objectionable. However, the mere fact of their existence on our site does not mean that we necessarily approve of their contents. In short, the onus of responsibility for the comments remains solely with the authors thereof. Outlookindia.com or any of its group publications, may, however, retains the right to publish any of these comments, with or without editing, in any medium whatsoever. It is therefore in your own interest to be careful before posting.
9.Outlookindia.com is not responsible in any manner whatsoever for how any search engine -- such as Google, Bing etc -- caches or displays these comments. Please note that you are solely responsible for posting these comments and it is a privilege being granted to our registered users which can be withdrawn in case of abuse. To reiterate:
a. Comments once posted can only be deleted at the discretion of outlookindia.com
b. The comments reflect the views of the authors and not of outlookindia.com
c. outlookindia.com is not responsible in any manner whatsoever for the way search engines cache or display these comments
d. Please therefore take due caution before you post any comments as your words could potentially be used against you
10. We have an online thread for our comments policy:
You are welcome to post your suggestions here or in case you have a specific issue, to directly email us at Mail AT outlookindia DOT com with the subject header COMPLAINT